VAG Cars RR Day @ Awesome GTI - Results & Pictures...!

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
those are the wheels I'm after,,, 16" on 4 studs and I really like the classic BBS design,,, they didn't look like the cabrio wheels to me cos these look pretty flat on the side while I remembered the cabrio ones being a bit bent inwards at the wheel hub, just like the wheels on calvert cabrio,,, btw are those straight from the VR6 or are them from a mk4 golf?

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
RR days are also a good indication of suspected problems.
Mine went down with a suspected problem as it had felt slow for a while and the 295bhp/288lbft @wheels confirmed this.

When it went back to Jabba it was proven that the DP was cracked and also the inside Flexi brading on the DP had come loose and turned into a cone shape down the DP causing a restriction, instead of having a 2.5" DP mine was 1".:-o
Think Badger Bill suffered the same problem on his BT iBiza.

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
sweet pics there!1

though to me some of those figures seem very high, esp some of the torque figures??

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
some nice pics, and some seriosuly powerful cars!!

custardcupra - what have you done to yours to get yours at 340+bhp??? what are the stats on it? must be stupidly fast

paul26982

alrite jools, cant wait to the next one so i can get there this time

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Seeing those figures again, reminds me to get the car out of the garage and try to find out whats wrong. Think i was the lowest of the LCR's :cry:

Triple D

Devonmikeyboy, what was the power at the flywheel on yours? i heard since the nos and propane has been added, it had dropped to 141 whp :roflmao: gutted :p

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Ha Ha Spaniels very funny NOT ! Lets put it this way my car is now doing 90-100mph in halve the time before adding phase 2 and Power station rollers where saying my car is 140bhp@wheels and 220bhp@fly with propane and 75bhp nos fitted! There`s no point arguing with any tuning company about dyno results so i just took the car off and drove away. Lets just say i am not going there again. I expect 10-20 bhp difference between different RR but when i am told my car is nearly 35% less power and my butt dyno tells me that the Audi has alot more power then my Cupra ever did i just drove off and booked the car in somewhere else. I don`t know what sort of rep Power station dyno has got and i am not slagging it off but it just doesn`t seem to suit my car. Maybe it`s the Haldrex system :confused: Sorry to go off topic. Hope to be up at Awesome`s Christmas RR day if they are doing it ?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
HAHA i see Andy has broken the clips on his ibizas front grill like i have, so after a spirited drive it pops out of position!

nice write up, some very shiny cars with alot of power

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Mike, you going to come to VAG Car's RR Day Part Deux? LOL.

If your talking to me Craig i hope to get up to Awesome as soon as possible really. I am booked in at another dyno on Wednesday 20th for fine tuning my set up but would like to go back to Awesome to get a proper idea of what power increase i have. The car is really flying now. :cloud9:

paul26982

better watch out lads theres a extra derv going next time, gutted couldnt make it in the first time, nah just intrested what mine puts out lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members