Vario immob fault 2001 model

Collie

Further to my recent post i have made a little progress, i think.

Long story short the car wont start. Due to no fuel.I checked all the obviuos things no joy.

I tried my vagcom but couldnt communicate, so i have recovered it to my mates who has a snap on diagnostc machine.

It has logged a few faults with the immobiliser. (Exact codes to follow) But basically it said weak key signal (new battery?)and an intermittant fault with the car side of the immob.(Transponder ring i think it said)

So my question , where are all the immob parts on this vehicle.Are they easilly interchangeable

Can the immob be bypassed in any way,i have seen de-immobilised ecus for golfs and suff knocking about so i imagine it is possible.

Thanks Collie

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
the chip reader is a clip off part around the ignition key hole. you can change it for another with no coding needed

the key fob battery is only for the locking

i tryed the chip reader on mine and it wasnt that

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if it was just immobiliser at fault, or part of it, it would still start for a second then die

as hooch says the reader coil clips over the igniition barrel, when changing them just plug in the new one
and hold it near the key as a quick test

i mananged to start the last car i did one on after a few tries

immob wise there are ecu places that will remove it but as it's involved with the instrument panel it would need some research

i think you may have more/other issue's elsewhere though and i would be dangling (safely) a can or funnel of fuel close to the engine to at least graviity feed some amber nectar to it and test the 'no fuel' theory

Collie

hooch have you got one lying around then? Any chance i could blag it off you?

Collie

Flapper, thanks for the input.

There is defo no fuel. I checked the injectors with some noid lights and there is no power to them. i also pulled the rail off and cranked it and no fuel came from the injectors. The fuel pump doesnt prime unless i short out the relay but then still no fuel.

today i have used my laptop and the snap on machine, both have returned the same fault code 01176

According to vag com thats a low signal from key fault. Auto data says
immobfault.jpg

so i am at a loss. i want it to be the immob but you guys seem to think its not. I dont want to waste money buying parts i dont need obviously.

I really appriciate all the input from all of you Thankls Collie

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
im pretty sure its immob after looking at mine....even tho its doesnt do the usual immoiliser cutout thing

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
well it certainly hit's the nail the same on reader coil that i've just done on a polo, same code and symptoms

mind you that one started to play up a week before it quit and even so it fired up then died as described

even so at £35 odd i think it was i had a fingers crossed moment when i first tried it

Collie

so if i can find a known good one its worth a try.
Thanks again

Collie

long shot, would the one on my mkiv golf be the same? could i try this one

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
mmmm i always thought the later golf's had them built into the steering lock ?

listed for your model only effectively on part numbers - sorry

without a side by side to check early ibiza/polo etc all look very similar so it might just be a length of lead etc - whats the betting yours is the longest needed :rolleyes:

saying that try the dealers for latest price as they may be cheaper than you think

Collie

my chip reader thingy has a socket on it rather than a lead. the lead is on the loom and plugs into the chip reader.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
wish i had my old one here i could pic it and see it was worth trying, probably cheaper than you think then

Collie

errrrmmmmm just had a play, there is no spark either, I could have sworn there was but no.

I managed to find a chip reader in the scrap yard. not to say its a good one but the car still no start.

If i unplug the chip reader it logs the fault on the laptop. Does this tell me the reader is ok.????it also starts the immob light flashing to say there is a fault.

Collie

yes if i unplug the reader and try to start it, the immob light flashes, and the laptop logs a fault with the coil,

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
but the new one plugged in doesn't then ?

sounds like one down some to go then

Collie

no reader faults with either plugged in. My laptop talks to all the stuff it can other than engine in vag com, could the ecu be fried.

the diagnostic machine i have been using also, will talk to, air con, radio, instuments, immobiliser(if not seperate) (whatever that means) but will not comm with the engine management tab either.

grrrr i am really scratching my head with this one.

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
hey am having trouble on my mk4 ibiza with the imobilsher, i have read that there is a connceter at the back of the clocks on mine that works a lillte loose and stop the imob comunicating,and if i push on the clocks where it say 100mph it work again for a shor while,

so i was wondering it there is a simaler problem on your cordoba eg it could have totally disconectted or somthing like that just fort it was worth a look for you

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.