vr6

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
well i think my decision is made lol luckily my dads mate owns a scrapyard and has a few vr6s lying around so i think il be paying him a visit! Do they fit directly from golfs and corrados?

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
Ok then will have to keep my eyes out for a 280mm setup then! Just another quick question...as ive only got a 1.4 will i have to get a gti crash bar/slam panel to house the bigger radiator etc?

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
yeah i just noticed lol it would only be a case of moving the lower bracket and the bolt in the top wouldnt it?
anyway sorry for the mass of questions lol thanks for your help though!
Dan!

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
is a VR6 conversion that easy...?

1 question though if i may Seattoby.

with the VR6 conversion your putting out about 190 bhp and dinky dave is doing about the same with a 16v with Cams, manifold ect ect....

my question is which choice is the most cost effective ?

only reason why i ask is we all have an idea in our heads of where we want our cars to finish up and last on my list of things to do is maybe an engine conversion....1.8t, vr6 or just cam mine but what will be the most cost effective for the most power.

I think i need a closer look at a VR6 conversion and a good listen.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Really depends on what you want...... if you go for cams you will have nothing low end and need to rev it more than you do standard lol.

But be honest 16v with cams and if you go on to tb's then you spending big bucks, the cheap option would be to go for a 20vT or the VR6. And then tuning the engine the best power to buck ratio would be the 20vT!!!

seattoby

vr6 power
Nov 11, 2007
hastings, east sussex
lol god im awful at answerin questions ok her we go lol

i was really happy with the 16v but after it kinda messed up i decided to get a engine change. i was thinking about a 1.8t but decided to go for the vr lump as it was more in my price range. it cost me £400 off e38 the labor was cheap and its a really easy conversion.

the base power is quite good as well 174 bhp for a 2.8 196 bhp??? for a 2.9. so its a good er range to work from really. i mean u can get em up to stupid power for tbh not really a lot.

http://www.stormdevelopments.co.uk/12v-2-8-2-9-vr6.html

£2000 for 250 brake aint bad really i know strictly dubs do a turbo conversion for £4000+ which is 300bhp+ if i remember right. so the engine has a lot of potential just need that extra bit of cash.

even if u leave it as standard u can get above 200bhp quite easily. i mean i only spent £300 on the mani decat and 2.9 manifold. ( the joys of ebay and e38 lol) and thats pushing 200. im going to supercharge mine in the new year i think as well.

its just a nice conversion to do dont take to long fits right in and tbh dont really cost that much its definetly worth the money imo.

im not really up on engines and all that really mate but its worth the money and the look on peoples faces when u boot it past em lol

anyway like i said for around a grand and if u look around get some good deals u can vr ur car and be happy mate thats my opinion.

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
Sorry to bring up an old thread again but i need a bit of info as im collecting parts as we speak for own conversion (see the link in my sig ;) ) Anyway do you know which rate of spring you used to cater for the vr6?

Thanks for any help, Dan.

seattoby

vr6 power
Nov 11, 2007
hastings, east sussex
bit of a update got a nice samco kit the other day

londonshopping014.jpg

got some cams coming for it and getting it mapped in feb

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
How much did they set you back from ap Raddo-Dave?
What suspension set up did you use seattoby..any ideas of the spring rating?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.