Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tyres

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Has anyone tried them?

Seem to have some great reviews and arent badly priced. About to replace the Potenzas on my TDI and considering these instead any thoughts?

225/40/18

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s134...Eff_:_F_Wet_Grip:_C_NoiseClass:_1_Noise:_67dB

Id be going with these instead, cheaper and better wet rating and lets face it, it's probably going to be wetter than it is dry...

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s134...Eff_:_C_Wet_Grip:_A_NoiseClass:_2_Noise:_72dB

GUAYACAN

Young at heart
Mar 28, 2015
Derby
Vredestein are the best tyre manufacturer for 'feel' tyres. I have had sessantas and vortis (even better).
The trick is the pressures. Vreds take a higher pressure than other tyres. Try a fast roundabout and if the sidewalls give (you'll feel it), put a bit more pressure in (they usually run 4-8psi above others) get these right and there is no better tyre. They stop when you desperately need to, which is where it counts.

Note: The tyres are a little heavier (especially vortis with the rigid sidewall) than others. But I like this 'fault' as it is more tyre. They are also slightly wider and they are one of the only tyres not made in China (but in the Netherlands).

Get the pressure right and these are incredible. Don't and the sidewalls have a soggy feel, but they will still be comfortable, quiet and stop well.

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
I'm about to order my next set, I'm running at 35 psi which seems about best.

I'm not going to try anything else because I'm concerned I'll spend more money and be disappointed!

I'm on 225/40/18 which I've found online for £66 per tyre (vortis)

That's a company call jungle tyres, anyone know anywhere cheaper?

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I had ultracs on my old FR, great tyre but then i heard theyd been bought out and changed the tyre process, not sure if they were worse or better but I now have uniroyals on my gti, cheaper still and love them especially for the price, £64 each fitted at Malvern tyres!

GUAYACAN

Young at heart
Mar 28, 2015
Derby
I am happy that thee are better tyres to choose from these days. I haven't tried uniroyals, but I did see a set in the garage and the sidewall looked a bit flimsy, but no idea if this helps.
The vorti pressures that I have are 38 (F) 34 (R), and this seems really good. Attack a roundabout fast and add a bit of power. I am very happy with the result and they are still not squealing.
I am super happy with the Vortis, more than I was with the sessantas on my A3. I really can't see how they could get better, perhaps maybe for economy.
It's your money, your choice. :D

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Michelin Pilot SuperSport. Awesome tyre.

Camskill do most sizes and load ratings.

GUAYACAN

Young at heart
Mar 28, 2015
Derby
Michelin Pilot SuperSport. Awesome tyre.

Camskill do most sizes and load ratings.

Camskill are tops for tyres. I just tried out Tyreleader and that turned out a mess.
Agreed on the michelin. The pilot sport 3's are rated highly, with some rating the Vorti's up with them. But they do cost twice the price, so I would expect something for my money.
With the driving I do, I doubt I can do better than the Vorti's.
What a relief it was getting rid of the contisport 5's.

Don't forget the pressures if you buy Vreds.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.