VW '92 Jetta G60 Eaton Kompressor (New rims!)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Alright then, I sold the Cordoba Cupra a few weeks back leaving me with the Golf 1 daily.
However I was missing the power of the Cupra so needed to find a replacement.

I had set my mind on a Jetta because of space reasons, and wanted it with a G60.

After quite a bit of searching I found what i was looking for.
Pictures are of the previous owner, and the car has got some work to get it looking like i want.

Jettageheelfotobegin.jpg

jettaachterkantbegin.jpg

jettamotorruimtebegin.jpg

The car is fitted with:
Eaton Kompressor from Mercedes running at 0.5 bar (estimated HP is 185)
Coilovers
VR6 hub/brake conversion front and back (5x100)
Full group A exhaust
Equally lengthened runners (we call it spaghetti runners?)
Aqua mist/methanol injection
Dumpvalve
Lightened flightwheel
Grey Injectors
Mercedes Sprinter intercooler
Mapped ECU
Adjustable fuel pump

The engine swap was done nicely, however the appearance of the bay is slightly neglected as you can see in the above pic.

Since I had it I placed a polished rockercover, oil cap, replaced all vac hosing, placed a new coolant bottle/cap.

29122009064.jpg

29122009065.jpg

29122009066.jpg

I also have a polished inlet ready to go on and got a set of 16" Porsche C2 rims in 6" and 8" that I am polishing to put on

Need to buy a new starter as its giving me hassle and the waterpump needs replacing

Obviously I will keep posting progress ;)

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

I have always had a love for the Jetta's, perhaps more so than the usual modded mk1 and mk2 golfs as the jetta's to me are very retro!

Looking forward to the updates :D

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
future plans besides rims are replacing washer reservoir for 2 seperate ones as it is now supplying the aquamist injection and windscreen spray jets. That way I won't be spraying the windows with methanol and distilled water lol
Furthermore replace the oem pipes for silicone, clean alternator, replace spark leads for black.
Car is now fitted with a Golf 4 interior which will be making room for full leather; only the front though because my dog travels with me in the car quite often
Re-trim the boot as its all bare metal now

and I am sure i won;t be able to stop there lol

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Thanx for the comments lads :)

Had a oval exhaust tip lying around which was actually meant for the Cupra but now that thats gone I figured i'd stick it under the Jetta's asz :cartman:

04012010074.jpg

also have a couple of things on order:

DPJ helped me finding the proper tubing for the aquamist methanol injection so that should be arriving shortly. Only need a tank now which will probably go in the boot seeing as I can fit 3 bodies in there anyway :lol:

Braded fuel lines with chrome finishers

8 ball gear knob :p

chrome finished belt cover

chrome finished brake reservoir cap

and tons of ideas lol

Looks like this is turning into another money pit; don't tell the missus lol

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
nice car mate thinking off have g60 to but i will build it with turbo[B)]

btw tarzan, something to think about: kompressor, as its belt driven, has no lag unlike turbo's. This means it always has the maximum boost no matter what revs you're driving it.

I'm loving the power delivery :D

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Very nice! I know someone doing a 1.8T conversion on one. Are they very light cars?
I need to get rid of the cupra and i want want a retro dub aswell! Might wait for warmer weather though as I like creature comforts in this weather :p

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
thanx lads,

Riko, this car makes me smile insurance wise too. Its still registered as the 1.6 is once was, at 910 kilo's (which is probably a bit more now due to engine, braking parts etc) so it sets me back 147 euro's a year lol!
Then another 30 odd euro's road tax a month so not too bad.

As for comfort the Jetta isn't bad compared to the Cupra. It rattles just as much as the Mk3's do (lol) and its got power steering and a Golf 4 interior.
Only the Eaton kompressor is really really loud and so is the dumpvalve. And due to it being belt driven it constantly blows off its excess boost

I'll upload a movie shortly for you lot

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
ok was just in the car home and although traffic was too busy and there is still snow everywhere, I figured why not make a short movie with the phone...

Its horrible quality with me steering, shifting and having to hold the phone lol, but you get the idea. This is nowhere near full boost though, and Aquamist is off here.

btw i know the speedometer is fuct in the low range...

http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn307/ReuversNL/?action=view&current=06012010009.flv

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise