W.O.T Box & 2-step launch control

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
The box knows when youre at WOT, once the clutch pedal is touced it cuts the ignition for a pre-determined time (in my case currently 175ms), which gives you that amount of time to change gear, so if youre slower you will over-rev it and it probably wont go in.

They say to start at say 300ms and get quicker.

Jury is out whether it wrecks anything or not, im sure it does help syncros mesh but the extra straing of changing gear still on boost cant be helping anything. Plus some of the bangs from the exhaust, and we're not talking pop or small backfires this is a like a gun going off, cant be doing the turbo any good either.

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
The box knows when youre at WOT, once the clutch pedal is touced it cuts the ignition for a pre-determined time (in my case currently 175ms), which gives you that amount of time to change gear, so if youre slower you will over-rev it and it probably wont go in.

They say to start at say 300ms and get quicker.

Jury is out whether it wrecks anything or not, im sure it does help syncros mesh but the extra straing of changing gear still on boost cant be helping anything. Plus some of the bangs from the exhaust, and we're not talking pop or small backfires this is a like a gun going off, cant be doing the turbo any good either.

ah right :) thanks for that response.

so all in all would you recommend it? Id probably only be using it for drag racing

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Plus some of the bangs from the exhaust, and we're not talking pop or small backfires this is a like a gun going off, cant be doing the turbo any good either.

I can only see it being unburnt fuel...on boost changing is going to mean more fuel in the exhaust than normal.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Think I need to look into more on how to set it up on the mk2's, need a clutch switch but will this box work on the old dizzy style ignition?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
mk3 has a clutch pedal switch so its all good. :D

cuprabaz got 13.6 @ 106mph using the wot shifting yesterday, more time to be had i reckon with quicker ignition cut time.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.