Water in my passenger side rear door!

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
i noticed this the other day, but when i brake, or accelerate coming out of the drive, i hear water sloshing around. I was a bit confused at first, and so started listening more intently as i edged forward and slammed on the brakes. lol
Anyway, i got out and investigated. As i opened the passenger side rear door, there was my answer! Water sloshing around inside the door!

Looks like i'll be taking that door apart aswell as the 2 on the driver's side when my rear footwell was wet! [:@]

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Have a look under the door, there are some drain holes (hidden by rubber seal) but these can become blocked either by dirt, cavity wax or the door seal its self. Wiggle a bit of wire in the holes and you may find water just pours out!

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Have a look under the door, there are some drain holes (hidden by rubber seal) but these can become blocked either by dirt, cavity wax or the door seal its self. Wiggle a bit of wire in the holes and you may find water just pours out!

Job's a good-un! :funk:
I simply peeled some of the rubber seal away and water seemed like it was dying to get out! I gave the drain holes a bit of a clean, and also the seal.

I think i somewhat overestimated the problem it's solution!

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Yeah i'll check the other doors aswell, no doubt they will probably be at least partially clogged.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.