Weird sound after fitting TIP - 007 DV - Jabba induction kit

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
Hey guys,

Could not find so fast something about this, maybe someone has experienced something like this...

I had my TIP , 007 DV and the jabba induction kit fitted the other day.

Sound very nice. i can hear the turbo spooling up very loud..

But when the turbo reaches the full boost its like another sound pops up and it sounds like u have a baloon and u sqeeze the air out of it in a small gap...

Very annoying it sounds like its losing boost somewhere, but what is the side of the DV that has the over pressure ??? i saw the smal tubing on the top of the DV has no ty-wrap or something on it at all.

Also the hose that is connected on the left side of the DV. they have used the single use clamp for that... so i need to change it to a normal hose clamp. but i dont know if that side is the under or the over pressure side ???

Hope u can help me guys

( the reason i dont go back to that garage is because its a 2 hour drive so i want to try for myself first, and maybe someone had something semiliar!)

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
ok i have just replaced the hose clamp on the left side of the DV

and i have changed the spring from green to yellow (cuz of the ABT chip)

its a little bit better now (maybe not cuz of short test) but it is still there.... grr

mattfas

Apr 6, 2009
leeds
just reading your thread and i hear a lot of people on here talk about a TIP i dont wana sound daft but what is a TIP:shrug:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
TIP= Turbo intake pipe...

but sounds to me a posibilty of air (boost) escaping somwhere (high pitched sound yes)..?

have all the hoses been replaced or just the on from the top of the 007p could be a split in a hose somwhere...

have you got a boost gauge if so is it reading what it used to also if you have vag-com do some logs on requested vs actual boost...

turbin

I know what sound you have. Its the 007P valve. I had the same sound and it kinda sounded like a little mouse squeaking when it opens. Just flip the valve 90 degrees and put in the green spring. sorted.

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
Well, i think its not the jabba heatshield.

because first when i give full throttle it is fine and then when i have full boost for like 1 or 2 seconds it starts to sound sqeaking as if there is a hose that popped off somewhere....

But turbin, you say i just should rotate the DV completely ? ok does not hurt to try that, but i have the sound with full throttle not with the throttle back when u have the DV sound.. ?

turbin

Well, i think its not the jabba heatshield.

because first when i give full throttle it is fine and then when i have full boost for like 1 or 2 seconds it starts to sound sqeaking as if there is a hose that popped off somewhere....

But turbin, you say i just should rotate the DV completely ? ok does not hurt to try that, but i have the sound with full throttle not with the throttle back when u have the DV sound.. ?

Right ok, I had the sound only when the valve released. Cant hurt to try tho. Troubleshoot some.

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
yeah i could try that, but it sounds so bad i really thought it might be popping up the fault light....

anybody else got some tips or try's ?

turbin

yeah i could try that, but it sounds so bad i really thought it might be popping up the fault light....

anybody else got some tips or try's ?

film it and post somewhere so we can listen to it.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
It's the plastic guard fitted to the MAF which creates this distinct SSSSSHHH'ing sound at peak load apparently. I asked Revo when I had mine done because it sounds very odd and I also thought something was wrong.

Do you hear it most accelerating under load, high gear low rpm?

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
i only hear it when i give full throttle after 1 or 2 seconds (the turbo is spooling up)
and is more like PFFFFFFOOOOEEEEEE

when i dont stress the engine i dont hear it.

i also find that the spool sound is very load.

hope i can make a good movie !

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
If no faults/limp mode is being produced, and the car pulls as it should, then just get used to it!
The turbo spool will sound a lot louder after fitting TIP and cone filter. I know what you mean though. It makes two distinct sounds. One as the turbo comes up to speed, and then the one your concerned about.

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
but i have the feeling it is not as fast as it was.

because when i check the rev clock it looks likes it takes ages to get to the 6000rpm. but i already shifted by then because of this sound is awfull

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
I think mine used to make this with an open cone filter, i think what you are hearing just after you put your foot down is the turbo spooling and starting to suck air in (whoosh sound) but then as you reach max boost, it will change pitch from to a squealy sound..... not very descriptive i know. Mine's always done it.

I have been in cars that have been mapped and are running higher boost and you can definately here the normal whoosh sound getting louder initially then the pitch changes to a higher pitch when you reach peak boost.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
id get the heat shield off and see if its that... hard to hear much on the vid. if it was going to make a noise it would do it when pushing hard.

youd spot a pipe hanging off and have no power.

otherwise vagcom and check for leaks.

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
hmm, hope thats not it...

that would mean i spend money on something that makes a crappy sound

sure someone else has the same things fitted as i do.

most comming things that you guys recommend

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.