What do i need to do to upgrade my car to stage II ?

rabe187

Mar 19, 2009
Saudi Arabia
www.cardomain.com
at the moment i have an APR stage 1 remap, Supersprint full exhaust and carbonio air intake ... i know i should start working on suspension next but i just wanted to know what i need to do to call my car a full stage II Leon?

Cheers,

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Think the overall spec is uprated intercooler, full exhaust system (inc. downpipes and cats), cold air induction system (air intake), and a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator.

Recommend you upgrading your DV and turbo intake pipe too. And your dogbone mount.

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
at the moment i have an APR stage 1 remap, Supersprint full exhaust and carbonio air intake ... i know i should start working on suspension next but i just wanted to know what i need to do to call my car a full stage II Leon?

Cheers,

Aside front handling mods I think you also need a 4bar FPR and Front mount intercooler to make the most of a stage 2 map.

What car do you have?

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
My bad. I was told that I needed one and assumed it was the same for other mappers.

Bigger intercooler is also optional depending on mapper (but most recommend it) so you could get stage 2 now if you wanted.

rabe187

Mar 19, 2009
Saudi Arabia
www.cardomain.com
wow ... thanks guys, its great being part of Seatcupra.net ;D ... i have an '06 FR MK1 ... i already have a FMIC and Forge DV on order so that leaves the dog bone mount which i heard are very helpful, what does the fuel pressure regulator do? since its come up.

Thanks again guys :)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
what does the fuel pressure regulator do? since its come up.

Thanks again guys :)

The FPR allows the fuel system to deliver more pressure; 4 bar instead of 3 bar.

On the Leon Cupra and Cupra R a 3 bar FPR was fitted as standard, whereas the Audi S3 1.8T (2000>2005 - basically same engine as Cupra R) had a 4 bar. Many of us changed them over in the old days, but reading others posts not so sure they do it now.

Revo used the 4 bar FPR as part of their upgrade kit to supply more fuel, but I'm surprised none of the other companies need it if that is the case. Is the Revo code that much more aggressive?

Other cheap mods, Audi TT vented archliners and an Audi S3 strut brace. Less than £100, jobs a good'un!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.