what have you done to your car today ?

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
I had this light for nearly a year, luckily when i got it remapped they must have wrote it out or something because my mechanic tried to delete a few times and it came back. So happy because i was fully putting this job off lol

Yeah that's what I've tried. VCDS get it off but it kept coming on after a day. So Im gonna change that sensor. Still waiting for the santa claus... I mean the mail man. :)

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Chinese eBay sellers are weird.

Messaged the seller because there was some paint damage on the boost gauge. Nothing major - even a Sharpie could sort it - so they start off by offering me a £5 refund. Cool, I say. Then I get another message saying they're very sorry I'm unhappy and how does £7 sound? I was too busy buying fuel hose to reply yesterday, but this morning I wake up to a message saying they'd refunded me the whole amount.

All this after I said I wasn't going to argue with £5.

Crazy.

00cf60bcc453790cd6bd9dee169bf001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172 and Rich.T

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Chinese eBay sellers are weird.

Messaged the seller because there was some paint damage on the boost gauge. Nothing major - even a Sharpie could sort it - so they start off by offering me a £5 refund. Cool, I say. Then I get another message saying they're very sorry I'm unhappy and how does £7 sound? I was too busy buying fuel hose to reply yesterday, but this morning I wake up to a message saying they'd refunded me the whole amount.

All this after I said I wasn't going to argue with £5.

Crazy.

00cf60bcc453790cd6bd9dee169bf001.jpg

Cant say no to a freebie!

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Realised yesterday that I don't think my glow plugs have ever been changed, so will be sorting that out.

From what I've read, the glow plug length for the 2005 ARL is 97mm? Can anyone confirm?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Just took it through a car wash. Got some funny looks being as it was raining lol.
At work it was parked next to a row of fir trees in the wind.
So when i got back to the car it was covered in sticky pine needles and disguised as a Christmas tree 😁

Reactions: Yellow fr

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
The best way is to remove the front seat you can get to all the screws the hard part is when it comes to removing the door card it’s like a good hard tug on the door pocket but not to hard or try to get your fingers in between the edge off the door card and the door bye the door pocket then go round the rest off the door card then try to unhook all the wires from the door card and the door release the cable form the handle then lift the back off the door card up at a angle so you can get the front away from the glove box and remove it from the door then drop the door window so you loosen the two bolts holding the glass to the mech and pull the window back up to the top tape it in place then remove all the 10mm bolts holding the metal plate to the door then get a towel and put it on the plastic trim on the door sill just to help on not scratching it with the window mech as your getting the plate out from the door as it’s a bit tricky with the door shut
Once the plate is off have a cuppa and cool down lol
Then find a hammer and a bar or long screwdriver and set about trying to separate the lock so you can open the door
I had a customers car come in with the same problem but he did not rebuild the door back correctly and broke the big part off the lock mech so it moved towards the door skins side to side so if I pushed it towards the outside off the door it would let you open the door
Once door is open I’m sure you know the rest
Good luck

Is it possible to get to the screws along the bottom edge of the door card out with the door shut?
Looks impossible to me.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
There’s enough room to get the screwdriver in where the screws are as recessed if you lay on the drivers seat with a torch you can see the screw and you are able to remove it I have done both the near side front and both rear doors with the doors closed

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Top man 👍
Thanks for the early reply.
Just found out work doesn't need me today so going to have a crack at it later.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Well my passenger door works again 🙂
Not without a little damage though.
I managed to leave the seat in place. Theres 2 torx screws in the lower edge of the door card that need removing.
Couldn't get my torx screwdriver in as the seat was in the way.
Got a slightly shorter flat blade screwdriver that fitted into 2 recesses in the screw head and wound em out.
The problem (as warned by YellowFR) was removing the door card.
When removed id managed to damage a couple of trim clips and the triangular plastic that goes behind the mirror. Beyond repair.

Getting the metal regulator panel off was fun too.
Was butyl taped last year and **** that stuff grips!
So that panel got a bit 'reshaped' in places.

Hammer and screwdrivered the lock and got the door open.

Changed the lock and put it all together.
Everything looks ok other that the triangle piece is now missing.

Just gotta wait and see how the carpet fairs next time it rains.
Then I'll start getting new trim clips etc.

Thanks YFR, your help has been priceless.
Got the job done, no faffing.

Rich

Last edited:

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Well my passenger door works again
Not without a little damage though.
I managed to leave the seat in place. Theres 2 torx screws in the lower edge of the door card that need removing.
Couldn't get my torx screwdriver in as the seat was in the way.
Got a slightly shorter flat blade screwdriver that fitted into 2 recesses in the screw head and wound em out.
The problem (as warned by YellowFR) was removing the door card.
When removed id managed to damage a couple of trim clips and the triangular plastic that goes behind the mirror. Beyond repair.

Getting the metal regulator panel off was fun too.
Was butyl taped last year and **** that stuff grips!
So that panel got a bit 'reshaped' in places.

Hammer and screwdrivered the lock and got the door open.

Changed the lock and put it all together.
Everything looks ok other that the triangle piece is now missing.

Just gotta wait and see how the carpet fairs next time it rains.
Then I'll start getting new trim clips etc.

Thanks YFR, your help has been priceless.
Got the job done, no faffing.

Rich

Your welcome glad to been off help

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Got my cruise control working and found out that my diesel timing is out so that is a new job to go on my list of things todo list

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Getting my downpipe fitted tomorrow and then the car will be ready to be booked in for its stage 2 toon up.
Just hope they get it done by end of play as i need to get home again.
Fingers crossed

Reactions: Connor H
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members