what have you done to your car today ?

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Yup, front passenger door was locked shut.

The rears are worse?
How is that possible?

Front: Take everything off, look at lock, smash lock, open door.

Rear: Take everything off (including faffing about with the pin holding the glass in place, take out the rest of the small glass piece that’s a bitch to refit, ease the glass out with much swearing). Then get a dremel with a cutting disc on an extension to the mechanism that you can’t see because it’s buried, take out piece after piece until door opens

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Also worth noting that's its incredibly easy to break the rear window regulator slider clips off whilst removing or installing the plastic locking pin.
If you break this then you'll need to take it all apart again to fit a replacement.
I've stripped loads and it's still a gamble as to whether I get them apart without breaking them - fvcking things!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: MoToJoJo

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Just in case you use insulating tape to hold the glass up in the door, whilst removing the door steel card.
It held the glass up fine.
It also pulled off some of the rather tired silver paint from the frame.
Not that I could give a toss. But if you suffer from polishititus it might worry you.

Reactions: Rich.T

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Also worth noting that's its incredibly easy to break the rear window regulator slider clips off whilst removing or installing the plastic locking pin.
If you break this then you'll need to take it all apart again to fit a replacement.
I've stripped loads and it's still a gamble as to whether I get them apart without breaking them - fvcking things!

I was wrestling with the window and the regulator just to fit the peg and dowel that the garage didn't replace - so it's made my blood run cold to find out that I dodged a massive and expensive bullet through sheer dumb luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Will just leave this here
16158267173651064429367447342757.jpg
1615826792839740453332437621230.jpg

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Glovebox is out of an A3, even the shelf underneath the glovebox is lined. Only problem was the airbag switch was a different size so may adapt that or just move it.

Changer was made redundant by a CD head unit many moons ago, now the head unit’s been made redundant by the stripped interior

Reactions: Rich.T and Scotty_b

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Another option for those wishing to bin the cd changer.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Holy crap - you can take them out? I just thought I was stuck with the most useless glove box that ever existed.

Been a while since I did mine but I think I just opened then CD changer door and pulled it out. Don’t quote me on that though.

Oh, and anyone considering the A3 (I think TT may fit as well) swap, unless you want to relocate the airbag switch (mine is where the head unit used to be atm) or trying your hand at adapting the opening, Thai’s bit is your best solution

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
It's not something I ever thought about - since I owned the car, I've had a little cubby on the right hand side and the CD changer slot on the left, and it's never been much good for storing anything. I don't know if there was ever a CD changer in the car, but now you're talking about it, I'm wondering if all of them came like that or if the changer got taken out before I bought it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise