what have you done to your car today ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Im in no rush. As ive sead before, i want to do all the mods i want to do before booking it in so i can leave well alone after.

List of things to do so far.
Diverter valve.
Decide what to do with the catch tank issue. But want to stick with it rather than going back to standard pcv setup.
Hot/boost pipe replacement with a top quality, well fitting item.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Am I right in thinking the OE unit gives off a better sound too. I have a turbo smart kompact and I will admit it’s not a as Crisp as the oe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Yep - I can already tell that back one is going to be an utter ******* to get back on.

No snapped studs or rounded nuts though.

27a36a0b3174f4f8d02864c482f8f3e5.jpg

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I gave mine a load of beans and found a good 1/2 inch of movement that wasn't there before.
If you do it by hand and not levering it about with a screwdriver etc, i cant see you doing any harm putting some weight into it.

No idea how it compares to the egr unfortunately.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I gave mine a load of beans and found a good 1/2 inch of movement that wasn't there before.
If you do it by hand and not levering it about with a screwdriver etc, i cant see you doing any harm putting some weight into it.

No idea how it compares to the egr unfortunately.

Just stopping for lunch. I didn't realise how late it was. I'm hoping I've sprayed enough in there for it to work - access isn't the easiest - but it does expand, and not much is coming out.

Checked my nearside wheel as I got an advisory for play in the bearing on the MoT and it's really obvious. I'm going to check to make sure it's not something stupid like the wheel isn't torqued properly, but that's a job I can't do myself, which sucks.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Think it’s a Bosch unit.
I had a forge.
Bill @B5 advised me to change to original before our mapping session.
They are cheap too. Maybe 30 odd quid.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
You guys have me wanting to try my OE dv again lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich.T

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Also guess what. My gearbox plugs aren’t 17mm they’re smaller. got my oil out got the car up got excited then disappointed.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members