what have you done to your car today ?

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
MOT day and just the one failure - contaminated brake fluid! My garage are certainly on it with the brake fluid :)
What?? They check the brake fluid at MOT on UK? On Europe they just press the brakes to check the braking strength and equal distribution on wheels.:unsure:

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Hydraulic brake fluid level checks are confined to transparent reservoirs, reservoir caps should not be removed. On many vehicles, you will not be able to see if the brake fluid is contaminated. You should only fail a vehicle if you can clearly see that the fluid is contaminated.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Screenshot_20240113_141704_Samsung Internet.jpg

Saw these.. somepeople might like them for some thing different. Just need a 3d printer. Or some know some one who has. . I might go for some

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Wanted to change the cat yesterday but called it off as the new cat was flared and the old one wasn't. Could be a great excuse for a new exhaust, but it's tough when I don't actually need one...

2ba67b1b22ebd22b95b02e3bc833ff8b.jpg

217895cc1257d5ac0ca747daf40856ff.jpg

081972248d51aabcf0cb224d9654bd57.jpg

You can see that the old cat is straight all the way and goes into the cat back section, but the new cat is the other way round and is flared at the end. Here's hoping I can send it back.

Was going to do an oil change anyway though, so got that done. Found some rust on the offside sill at the bottom of the front wing, so that's another job to be done, though maybe in warmer times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Wanted to change the cat yesterday but called it off as the new cat was flared and the old one wasn't. Could be a great excuse for a new exhaust, but it's tough when I don't actually need one...

You can see that the old cat is straight all the way and goes into the cat back section, but the new cat is the other way round and is flared at the end. Here's hoping I can send it back.

Was going to do an oil change anyway though, so got that done. Found some rust on the offside sill at the bottom of the front wing, so that's another job to be done, though maybe in warmer times...

Looking at this now, I'm wondering if I've made a mistake.

It's really hard getting a good close look at this under the car, but if I zoom in, it looks like there's a sleeve around both ends? Still not sure how that would work without there being a leak, but if anyone's done anything on the stock exhaust and knows better than me, that'd be super helpful...

e54ece6850632cbb943f3d4b9c3d9a43.jpg

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.

That’s wear the rust well hole was on mine but I had to take side skirt off, when done I treated both inside bottom wings, it’s a common rust area and mine weren’t even full of leafs ect
I used a fibre glass filler after removing rust

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
That’s wear the rust well hole was on mine but I had to take side skirt off, when done I treated both inside bottom wings, it’s a common rust area and mine weren’t even full of leafs ect
I used a fibre glass filler after removing rust

Yeah - that's the corner where loads of things collect. There's a lot of moss that tends to collect there. I've cleaned out the bits that get clogged with leaves, but it's a pain having to keep coming back to it. Bilt Hamber Deox Gel has been a lifesaver in the past. I'm thinking I might even take the whole wing off and make sure it's really well treated on the other side.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Yeah - that's the corner where loads of things collect. There's a lot of moss that tends to collect there. I've cleaned out the bits that get clogged with leaves, but it's a pain having to keep coming back to it. Bilt Hamber Deox Gel has been a lifesaver in the past. I'm thinking I might even take the whole wing off and make sure it's really well treated on the other side.

Just taking the inner splash guard off you can see all the wing easily, both of mine were fine it’s just the bottom on one that rusted though I thought it was a drain hole a few years ago lol as I didn’t take the inner door to wing cover off, passenger side was fine, I just waxoil/under sealed both inside I’m going to to check in summer again as I’ve got some inner guard clips on the wing to replace

And if there’s a hole theses are very handy for taking all the rust out back to new steel

Last edited:
Reactions: BadBoy03

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
Dear fellow Seaters ;)

have you got any experience with Silver project parts? I have read a lot of negative feedback about their adjustable front top mounts, but what I need right now right now are rear control arms, namely toe arm (lower) and camber arm (upper U shaped). They seem very solidly made, I dare guess they would be much tougher and long lasting than any oem or standard aftermarket oem replacements (with a benefit of being adjustable). They are extremely reasonably priced, actually only slightly more expensive than some of the higher quality oem replacements. Other adjustable alternatives are much more costly and, honestly, if the SPs can do the job, why would I look for more expensive alternatives? If you could share your experience, positive or negative with this company, I will be grateful. Thanks

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Dear fellow Seaters ;)

have you got any experience with Silver project parts? I have read a lot of negative feedback about their adjustable front top mounts, but what I need right now right now are rear control arms, namely toe arm (lower) and camber arm (upper U shaped). They seem very solidly made, I dare guess they would be much tougher and long lasting than any oem or standard aftermarket oem replacements (with a benefit of being adjustable). They are extremely reasonably priced, actually only slightly more expensive than some of the higher quality oem replacements. Other adjustable alternatives are much more costly and, honestly, if the SPs can do the job, why would I look for more expensive alternatives? If you could share your experience, positive or negative with this company, I will be grateful. Thanks

I guess you have a fr4. There is a company called cbautos who do some very nice stuff and very good quality. I would recommended to have a look. https://www.cbauto.co.uk/
It's always better to pay for quality but don't pay over the top tho.

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
I guess you have a fr4. There is a company called cbautos who do some very nice stuff and very good quality. I would recommended to have a look. https://www.cbauto.co.uk/
It's always better to pay for quality but don't pay over the top tho.
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, Freetrack it is. And I had checked the offer of CBAuto before posting my previous comment, because I read a heated discussion on another forum on Silver Project vs CB Auto rear control arms. However, and, please, correct me if I am looking wrong, but I do not seem to be able to find the rear control arms offer on CBAuto's website anymore. All they offer now are poly bushings, some big brake kits and some other few items, but control arms are not among them..

If you could suggest another manufacturer of quality control arms, I will definately consider your advise, I understand it and I do want reliable parts on my car. Or better yet, if you could comment on the quality of Silver project ones, like I initially inquired, that would be great, because finding out that is currently my primary objective. I do not want to go stubbornly cheap, but I have no wish to pay double the price either, especially if I do not run into any relevant negative reviews on PS.. because that (at least 1,5 - 2x as much) is roughly the price of control arms from any other performance control arm manufacturer.

Thanks

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Here are the CBAuto ones ( I think)

You're looking for the reason to buy/not buy the SP ones. I've got the SP top mounts, they're alright, feel made well enough for the money (haven't fitted them yet as they're for a future upgrade) but others haven't complained about them.

In the end, if you want the best then go to KW, CBAutos, Compbrake, Hardrace etc and don't worry about price so much. If price is your concern then the SP are worth taking a chance on (they aren't that far off standard prices tbh).

Just my opinion

Last edited:

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
Very well, you are not quite right. I do have a reason to replace control arms and I am looking for a reasonable option. I have searched rather thoroughly, judged the options etc. and ended up asking the question I did, i.e. if anyone can share their experience with SP arms That is what I still need to know. Also, if you have a plausible alternative to this producer (quality wise with rational pricing).

I know there are indeed other options, but, as I said, I am going for rationality, and the others seem neither more robust, nor better welded (judgind from the pictures only..) to me. Moreover, the control arms are only two small bits of all the parts that could be (and, knowing myslef, will be) upgraded, so I do not feel the urge of throwing absurd amounts of money at the car for every little bit. Because, contrary to what you say, the SP prices are radically lower than the other alternatives, even the ones you suggest. To be more specific, even for the options you suggest.. CBAuto, Compbrake or KW do not offer specific products for my particular car, and they are severalfold more expensive than the SP. I do not want this to be about money, I usually do not have problem throwing money at the car, and have installed some nice parts, but honestly, this is a Freetrack and I do not have a sponsor with unlimited budget for building it into a track car.... and offering me a KW toe bar for 1200 EUR where I can buy one from SP for 90 EUR, are you crazy? The only viable alternative here is Hardrace, which is "only" 2 times more expensive (3 times with pillow balls), but it offers rubber bushings where I would prefer PU. Again, I do not want this to be about money and if you offer me a reasonable alternative I will be glad to consider, but 6-times-the.price KW's is not a rational alternative, nor is a verified quality producer who does not make parts for my car.... Moreover, all of these producers (including Hardrace) will offer the lower toe arm at the best, where I need also a solid upper camber arm which none of them offers (except SP, of course). Neither am I trying to justify the SP purchase to myself, I truly want to have my question answered.

Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.