what have you done to your car today ?

Yorkshireboxer

Jul 6, 2015
I got one off ebay, fully remanufactured for £120, I made the seller a silly offer and they took it. It came to me clean and looking true.

Have just looked and there are a couple on there now, this one is from a long time seller for £127, search item number 171779251527.

That one is just taken off and not reconned so I would do my own checks including taking to a local engineering firm who can do pressure checks. With encouragement from here I'm halfway through fitting mine and it's so far not that scary apart from setting the timing right.

If all set up to go it could be a weekend job and all cost less than £400.

Would need a recon to be fair to make sure it's perfect I'm happy doing the timing etc as replaced head gasket couple weeks ago after I bought it and had it tested and it failed I would have to mess about getting it back to the seller etc unless I bought it and reconditioned it my self is that difficult ?

Seat Leon 1.9tdi 110bhp ASV, BMC CDA,Egr delete, decat,

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Would need a recon to be fair to make sure it's perfect I'm happy doing the timing etc as replaced head gasket couple weeks ago after I bought it and had it tested and it failed I would have to mess about getting it back to the seller etc unless I bought it and reconditioned it my self is that difficult ?

Sorry, one long sentence has confused me.

Are you saying that you've already had a new head and it failed? Or are you asking about sending another new (or recon) one back?

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Sorry, one long sentence has confused me.

Are you saying that you've already had a new head and it failed? Or are you asking about sending another new (or recon) one back?

He replaced his head gasket and it failed, so from what he said there he would rather buy a reconditioned unit so he doesn't have to mess about and try to send it back to the seller if it fails again?

Though he's also asking whether it's difficult to recondition a unit himself, I believe? Hopefully I'm not wrong haha! :)

He's posted in the 110TDI thread, as he was having trouble there, changed his thermostat, flushed his coolant, replaced head gasket, he also had it machined if I recall correctly? It's the last 2 - 3 pages in the 110TDI thread with what he's tried thus far before taking it to the garage for tests which I also believe passed?

--Lee

P.S. Just had word the oil filter housing + oil cooler has arrived at the ex's, so I can play about this weekend! :D

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Fitted 20mm hubcentric rear spacers. Quite happy with it to be honest. Well worth 50 quid!

Before
1fJtlbQ.jpg

During
q85kD4H.jpg

After
fGZUwUQ.jpg
HPXqi6p.jpg
Qgxw1l3.jpg

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Finally got round to doing sone niggling bits....

Removed SAI and Combi Valve along with all that annoying hard metal (redundant) pipework. What a pig of a job getting the SAI out!!!

Re fitted my MAF/Heatshield/Filter so it all sits correctly (originally had the MAF direct on the heatshield and the filter to it because the combi valve restricted movement)

Added resistors to everything removed and tidied up a few pipes here and there :)

p.harrison92

Apr 11, 2015
This probably isn't the right section to post this, but there is a but there is a bloke on here selling a new cupra exhaust, is there much of a performance/ sound difference between the cupra and the Fr exhaust ? Is it worth the upgrade and is it easily fitted ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LCsTed

Jan 19, 2014
Hampshire
Blew my luggs off the pancake pipe and bodged it back together. Picked up my 1.8t pancake pipe from eBay and now just waiting for my silicone hoses to turn up! Oh and fitted LCR 18 wheels with Eagle F1s to her ;)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Ordered the seatcupra.net sticker for my window plus the registration plate. Also ordered wind deflectors and red alloy rim protectors, can't wait to get everything on.

LCsTed

Jan 19, 2014
Hampshire
Just woke up to Yodel dropping off the last of my pipework. Happy days!! now just need to finish my batch of shifts to fit :)

56524cdbbcccecad8b3fa8345446f95d.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
Ordered new front square number plate, which says 'id rather push my seat than drive a renault' (my brother drives a renault) ordered straight piping to make side exit (may not keep depending on a few things) ordered a 'vtec this' sticker, fotted bonnet pins (£16 rather than £85 for new latch) lots of ordering some may be wasted money haha

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
I HAVE REMOTE LOCKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooo hoooooo!!!!!!!

Two fobs straight from China, if I'm honest they are really good quality for the price, not oem but they are fine as a key, just need the blades cut then pair the Virgin transponders to the immobiliser, I only had a key without buttons when I bought it and it was such a pain opening and closing doors and using the key in the ignition every time.

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
I HAVE REMOTE LOCKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooo hoooooo!!!!!!!

Two fobs straight from China, if I'm honest they are really good quality for the price, not oem but they are fine as a key, just need the blades cut then pair the Virgin transponders to the immobiliser, I only had a key without buttons when I bought it and it was such a pain opening and closing doors and using the key in the ignition every time.

They look good. So they have the transponder in the key and they just need to be programmed into the car? Can you do that yourself?

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
They look good. So they have the transponder in the key and they just need to be programmed into the car? Can you do that yourself?

Yep, they come as a complete key, I just need to get skc from the ecu or cluster and I'll be able to program them in, iv a few different cables for when I had my b5.5 Passat and I took the skc from that so all should be good, I'll get the blades cut and then hopefully have them programmed in later :)

Clutch will also be done today, so it'll be an adventurous weekend.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.