what have you done to your car today ?

GrantCarter

Aug 12, 2015
South Norfolk
Brake checking is so ridiculous but I can understand why people might feel the need, despite its dangers.

The deer incident sounds brutal aha, glad it's not too bad!

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Failed my MOT for a rough riding rear wheel bearing :cry:

Also advisories for rear damper and front discs and pads but the bearing is gonna rob me £130 to get replaced before my retest so just gonna get that done for now and do the discs/pads myself when I get chance.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Rear bearings are really easy to DIY change, I do mine in about 45 mins easy now as ive had to do so many
Actaul bearings with hub is only about £50 if you wanted to save some money

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
I always thought they were a pain because you need a bearing puller thingy to do them?

Work wise I could handle it as I've managed a full turbo swap by myself but it's the cost/tools that would hold me back. That and my MOT expires Friday...oops!

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Mine have all come off easily, just remove all the braking parts and undo hub nut
Swift blow with a hammer will remove hub leaving only inner race on stub axle which ive always managed to tap off with a screwdriver/chisel

Bony

May 15, 2015
Berkshire
Found out I have a swimming pool in the rear footwell and a matching small water feature in the drivers footwell. Time to order some bits...

kr1s77

Feb 1, 2013
Birmingham
Ouch! Hope you're ok mate!?

Sent from potato.

i am, thanks mate. i was at a roundabout, stationary and the guy next to me in the right hand lane pull off and turns and the back of his flatbed crashes into my door mirroe, wing and bumper, pulling out my headlight.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
It's the inconsiderate/oblivious drivers that are the scariest, after driving 10 hours down to Canterbury and back yesterday I saw a few near misses that would have been ugly if anything had happened....

Glad you're ok though and hope you can get the car sorted or at least get a good valuation from that guy's insurance!

Sent from potato.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.