What would you swap your leon for?

Gezz

Nov 12, 2006
Manchester
Just changed from a Leon Cupra mk1 a few months ago, thought about Leon Cupra mk2 (didn't like the interior and fancied a change from FWD),

R32 - £400 a year tax and 25mpg official put me off

so in the end I plumped for BMW 130i, 265ps, rear wheel drive, keeps its value and averages just a couple of mpg less than my old cupra. The engine sounds awesome and the handling is amazing. You can pick up 4 year old cars for less than £13k.

I sometimes miss the turbos pull and I loved my Leon but the BMW is a great car.

I would have loved a 335i but the budget couldn't quite stretch!!

JONOD

Dec 2, 2009
notts
ye got it for £8,695 for it was up for £9.000 got them to cum dw still got the lc 180 got to put it on the trak

JPKinsey

anyone else tempted by the clio V6? not too keen on the french connection though!

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Totally agree with the comments on the new focus RS, it's an absolute beast. Straight out the dealer rocking 335BHP...
335bhp? Hmm, Evo did a recent group test - Focus RS Mk2; LCR Mk2; Golf GTI Mk6; Megane RS Mk2 - & independently dyno'd all cars:

"...The first numbers are a bit bigger than expected. The damp, chill November air is just about ideal for peak dyno readings, and it turns out Renault could re-badge the Mégane a 270 (it produces 268bhp), while the Golf, over 10 per cent up on where it should be (229bhp rather than 207), is almost halfway to having the power promised for the forthcoming R version. The car that already has that new VW Group engine, the Cupra R, is also up a chunk from the 261bhp it’s meant to have, returning 274bhp. Is the dyno at fault? A 279bhp reading for the Focus suggests not – Rapid GB has yet to see an RS with a full 300-strong stable..."

So what chance of the 'über' Focus RS delivering 335bhp? :cartman:

Evo article:
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/car...50_cup_v_seat_leon_cupra_r_v_vw_golf_gti.html

Last edited:

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
335bhp? Hmm, Evo did a recent group test - Focus RS Mk2; LCR Mk2; Golf GTI Mk6; Megane RS Mk2 - & independently dyno'd all cars:

"...The first numbers are a bit bigger than expected. The damp, chill November air is just about ideal for peak dyno readings, and it turns out Renault could re-badge the Mégane a 270 (it produces 268bhp), while the Golf, over 10 per cent up on where it should be (229bhp rather than 207), is almost halfway to having the power promised for the forthcoming R version. The car that already has that new VW Group engine, the Cupra R, is also up a chunk from the 261bhp it’s meant to have, returning 274bhp. Is the dyno at fault? A 279bhp reading for the Focus suggests not – Rapid GB has yet to see an RS with a full 300-strong stable..."

So what chance of the 'über' Focus RS delivering 335bhp? :cartman:

Evo article:
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/car...50_cup_v_seat_leon_cupra_r_v_vw_golf_gti.html

:clap:What a pisser, no wonder everybody goes on about how well it handles the power!!!