What's standard suspension like on LCR?

jok0212

Mar 18, 2006
hi guys

just need someone to refresh my memory on how was the standard suspension handled on the lcr?

had a set of kw for the past 2 years, but now back to study and theres massive ramps in the carpark, thinking either to just raise it or putting the standard suspension back on which also gives me abit more comfort.

jok0212

Mar 18, 2006
thanx

most likely will be just raising it up but thought changing back to standard might be easier

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
im on standard and feels ok, feel most bumps and scrape the front splitter everytime i exit carparks with a slight gradient or multistorey carparks which is always fun!

gulzar

LCR jabba'd
Oct 1, 2007
standard suspension is no good compared to bilstein shocks with eibach prio kit springs. does not slam the car but brings it down slightly so still allowing speed bumps to be passed but giving it the handling and good looks.

jok0212

Mar 18, 2006
thanx guys

got the car raised instead and found out a tip of one spring has broken.

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
My standard suspension is horrible...its crashy.....smooth as sand paper....you guys who have changed....what sort of ride do you get now? The problem for me is a I do a commute in my car and its those times where I would love a little more refinement...but Id also like it to handle well and Im not sure theres any suspension out there that will give me that?

jok0212

Mar 18, 2006
mine is a kw v1 only height adjustable, do find it can be quite hard on the bumps sometimes but handles really well.

depending on what sort of money you are planning to spend, ive sat in my friends car with a set of bilstein pss9 and they were awesome realy smooth and handled really well but big money on them.

gulzar

LCR jabba'd
Oct 1, 2007
My standard suspension is horrible...its crashy.....smooth as sand paper....you guys who have changed....what sort of ride do you get now? The problem for me is a I do a commute in my car and its those times where I would love a little more refinement...but Id also like it to handle well and Im not sure theres any suspension out there that will give me that?

i would recommend the bilsteins with eibach pro kit springs or the koni fsd's with eibach springs. primary ride over bumpy stuff is good with bilsteins but fsd's should be softer. both dampers offer much improved control and handling the harder you push. coilovers might make ride bit harsh. hope that helps.:lol:

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
i would recommend the bilsteins with eibach pro kit springs or the koni fsd's with eibach springs. primary ride over bumpy stuff is good with bilsteins but fsd's should be softer. both dampers offer much improved control and handling the harder you push. coilovers might make ride bit harsh. hope that helps.:lol:

Thats interesting..thanks...as a ball park how much money do I need to be looking at spending to get something like what youve described >£1k ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.