What's the fastest 1/4 mile time for MK2 Leon Cupra in the world?

Cupra_Ary

Hey fellow SEAT drivers!
Just wanted to know the quickest time for the Leon Cupra on the quarter mile?

My best this past weekend was 13.14 in Pretoria, South Africa.
Just wanted to see how our CUPRA's in South Africa compare with times else where?
:p

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Hey fellow SEAT drivers!
Just wanted to know the quickest time for the Leon Cupra on the quarter mile?

My best this past weekend was 13.14 in Pretoria, South Africa.
Just wanted to see how our CUPRA's in South Africa compare with times else where?
:p

What spec is that car running? From your sig it would be likely you have 340bhp + however I would imagine that a time like that would be achieved with the car being stripped, running sticky tyres etc too.

Cupra_Ary

What spec is that car running? From your sig it would be likely you have 340bhp + however I would imagine that a time like that would be achieved with the car being stripped, running sticky tyres etc too.

Stock Turbo, Stock motor bro!
My mods are
-Downpipe
-Evoms Induction
-S3 Intercooler
-Autotec REV 2 HPHP
-FRC Software
-Dogbone Mounts
-Racing Fuel

Plus this is @ altitude as well!

No stripped parts, only semi slicks (Drag spec) were used!
Without the slicks I ran 13.7.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Slicks make a lot of difference then ;)

I know of one that made 13.5 @ 110mph in road spec with fairly worn road tyres and a passenger.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Missed the race fuel bit lol.

That being said, 13.5 @ 110mph would make UK Cupras that little bit faster than South African ones, complete with Shell V Power 99 octane fuel, normal road tyres and 2 people on board :p

Will need to see if race fuel and slicks are possible to beat the 13.1 though hee hee

Cupra_Ary

Missed the race fuel bit lol.

That being said, 13.5 @ 110mph would make UK Cupras that little bit faster than South African ones, complete with Shell V Power 99 octane fuel, normal road tyres and 2 people on board :p

Will need to see if race fuel and slicks are possible to beat the 13.1 though hee hee

C'mon mate,
lets see what you can do!:p

We only have 95Octane as our normal fuel @ service stations!:(
So, we have to use race fuel to get the best out of our cars!

So, is 13.1 the fastest yet?:happy:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
C'mon mate,
lets see what you can do!:p

We only have 95Octane as our normal fuel @ service stations!:(
So, we have to use race fuel to get the best out of our cars!

So, is 13.1 the fastest yet?:happy:

With slicks and race fuel, probably :p

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Na. Keeping the old one a while longer. Drove the MK6 GTi at the weekend there and loved it. R20T DSG looking like a distinct possibility :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Ha ha.. Come to the dark side mate, you'll love it.. LOL
Are you, shall we say, back to how it was now seeing as it's staying?;)

Yep, and with a little interest shortly ;). Many have begun to follow in Bess's footsteps but she was the first Leon Cupra up there ;)

BP Race Fuel and 888's with some weight removed should tackle the 13.1 target one would think :)

Last edited:

Poverty

Na. Keeping the old one a while longer. Drove the MK6 GTi at the weekend there and loved it. R20T DSG looking like a distinct possibility :)

pointless sideways step imho.

Went to my local VW and had a look at their over priced cars. Prices absolutely stunned me, Fast VW's are pointless when a fast audi is only a little more expensive.

Plus 2.5 tsi 5 cylinder goodness is the way forward in VAG tuning.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.