When should I put my BBS CK's back on?

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
I was just wondering when people with a 2nd set of wheels would put them back on after the winter months.

This week seems to be the best week weather wise and I was aiming to put my BBS CK's back on before the end of this month.

Has anyone else put their summer wheels back on yet?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I was just wondering when people with a 2nd set of wheels would put them back on after the winter months.

This week seems to be the best week weather wise and I was aiming to put my BBS CK's back on before the end of this month.

Has anyone else put their summer wheels back on yet?

Never took them off :p

What winter???!! To be honest this week seems vastly improved, and you'd expect to be able to run summer tyres from March to October. DPJ's running semi slicks on his Leon at the moment (I think!)

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Mine are going back on in mid April - along with still being cold enough for the Vred's, the roads are far too salty and full of potholes for them right now.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I'll put my summer wheels back on at the end of the month I think - it's still rarely above 7 degrees here - plenty cold enough for the Ultragrips

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I had mine on most of the winter, but switched back to 18's for the recent track day.

But I'm aiming to give my BBS a good clean, polish and re-waxing this month and put them back on. As my car looks all wrong without its CK's :p

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
I've just taken my CK's off! ;)

IMG_0401-vi.jpg

IMG_0400-vi.jpg

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Never took them off :p

What winter???!! To be honest this week seems vastly improved, and you'd expect to be able to run summer tyres from March to October. DPJ's running semi slicks on his Leon at the moment (I think!)

To be honest I left mine on last year and they were fine, I just made sure they were well waxed every weekend. I think I made the right decision to put the standard ones back on in the winter the try avoid and kurbing saga's and save the life of the tyres.

I did buy two new front tyres for the standard wheels and I might even get them refurbished and powder coated for the end of this year.

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
I had mine on most of the winter, but switched back to 18's for the recent track day.

But I'm aiming to give my BBS a good clean, polish and re-waxing this month and put them back on. As my car looks all wrong without its CK's :p

I totally agree with you. Our wheels make our cars and I really missed mine when I took them off. The Anthracite colour really works well with all coloured cars.

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
I've just taken my CK's off! ;)

IMG_0401-vi.jpg

IMG_0400-vi.jpg

They look really sweet Nick. Did you change just for the weight saving over the CK's? I did look at the CH's although I couldn't warrant the extra cost. I did look for the Edition 30 BBS wheels which are quite similar to the CH's although still over £1k including tyres.

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
They look really sweet Nick. Did you change just for the weight saving over the CK's? I did look at the CH's although I couldn't warrant the extra cost. I did look for the Edition 30 BBS wheels which are quite similar to the CH's although still over £1k including tyres.

I'd always fancied a set of CH's but wanted the Anthracite finish hence why I went for the CK's - I recently managed to get a set of CH's for a good price and had them finished in anthracite, my new centre caps arrived the other day :)

IMG_6080-vi.jpg

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Thanks for all of your replies gents it appreciated. I've got a few days off in two weeks time so I'm sure I will find some time to wax them up and get them back on the car.

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
I'd always fancied a set of CH's but wanted the Anthracite finish hence why I went for the CK's - I recently managed to get a set of CH's for a good price and had them finished in anthracite, my new centre caps arrived the other day :)

IMG_6080-vi.jpg

You've made a good choice. I bet those centre caps were not cheap. Did you sell on the CK's?

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Couldn't resist and put them back on this afternoon. I gave them a good wash and wax.

They make the car so much better than the standard 18" Orions.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise