Where to get a HID kit?

Faxo

Ive had Clio 172s and 182s before the Leon ive just bought, and they come with factory xenons. I said id never buy another car without them, but obv you cant get them as standard on the Mk1, so im going to retrofit them. Where have people bought them from, and is 6000k the normal xenon look?

Faxo

What is stock k? I seem to remember upgrading to the next level when one of my bulbs blew on the Clio, think i went uptp a 6000k. Off the HIDS4U site, which is just the 'normal' kit, the cheapest?

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
What needs to be done to fit these to a standard 1.6 Mk1?

Do i need a conversion kit or is it just a case of buying bulbs?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Diane shop on ebay. There will be a flurry of for and against posts to follow but I've had no issues with mine and they're now 2 years old. :)

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Diane shop on ebay. There will be a flurry of for and against posts to follow but I've had no issues with mine and they're now 2 years old. :)

I got mine from Diane Shop almost 2 years ago. No hassles so far and very easy install. Best value mod by far

I have them from the Diane shop, the lights work fine, but my car failed the NCT(irish verison of the MOT) because of the light pattern.
The guy testing the car showed me the light pattern on the testing machine and it was all over the place.

I will be buying the slightly more expensive kit the next time, it cost me more in the long run, i had put back in the normal lights, get them focused, €40 + restest €30 + 1/2 day of my time.
:(

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
You just buy the kit and it comes with the bulbs and ballasts, that's all you need.

Ok, great thanks. Just the bulbs then, did a search for 6000k and it came back with bulbs at £68.50, these ones w**.hids4u.co.uk/6000k-replacement-d2r-bulb-pair-pr-13.html

(Quickly OT, could i ask if you could have a look at my thread, it's one i started back in May and you replied but i've got a query with it. w**.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221111 Thank you :))

Faxo

Ok, great thanks. Just the bulbs then, did a search for 6000k and it came back with bulbs at £68.50, these ones w**.hids4u.co.uk/6000k-replacement-d2r-bulb-pair-pr-13.html

(Quickly OT, could i ask if you could have a look at my thread, it's one i started back in May and you replied but i've got a query with it. w**.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221111 Thank you :))

You cant just buy the bulbs. These are for if you already have factory fit xenons, and so just replacethe bulbs. You'll need the kit which includes the bulbs, starter etc.

I must've put 5000k in my Clio then, i was really happy with the results so i think ill get those again. Whats this Diane shop? Link?

Faxo

Anyone got any pics of theres, both the 5000k and the 6000k? I want OEM look, not bright blue!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
These are 6k below.

f40d287e.jpg

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
You cant just buy the bulbs. These are for if you already have factory fit xenons, and so just replacethe bulbs. You'll need the kit which includes the bulbs, starter etc.

I must've put 5000k in my Clio then, i was really happy with the results so i think ill get those again. Whats this Diane shop? Link?

Ah ok, yeah mines just a standard 2002 Leon 1.6 S. Not LCR, Cupra etc. so only standard lights.

Guess i'll need a full kit then. Thanks.