where to get an uprated clutch fitted in north east?

mark21

Hi guys i need to know wheres best to buy an uprated clutch kit like a sach or helix and if theres any recommendations on where to get it fitted? iv found a sach clutch kit online but its £660!! is that the best price? i live in newcastle so a close garage is the best. cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I got mine (SACHS organic) from JBS for a shade under £500 but that was many months ago. I don't think that they've gone up too much since though. Try them.

As for fitting, you should probably replace the thrust bearing (you'll only get both plates with a SACHS clutch) with an OE part from SEAT whilst you're there for £40 or so. Any competent garage will fit your clutch as at the end of the day its only a clutch. This should cost you less than £200.

So shop local and use your decent local garage - you should have one somewhere near you.

mark21

Thanks for advice guys i went with Competition Braking Products for the organsics sach 1 and its £613 delivered. bout £130 to fit. bloke was very helpfull and they have loads of stuff for modding. getting in a sach full suspension kit for £1200. OOo the temptation!

mark21

i googled competition braking products as recommended by a member and they are a massive supplier of performance kit. just ordered my clutch of them. they got really gud brembo gear too. willl be keeping them in mind for future stuff.

mark21

if any1 interested i got a quote from my local garage (used em before) £190 to change the clutch, flywheel, disks and pads, all fillters and oil. its in on wed and cnt wait for the work to be done.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise