Wild Willy's Leon Cupra R- 325 Badger Horse Power.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
where's feed from, is it the standard one or some other piping?

I've got it running from the passenger fog light. In our hybrids though Rob its only a very loose meter of performance the old grams per sec. Iwouldn't mind betting you have had a nice dollop of extra power from the F23 due to the increase in engine volumetric efficiency from improvements in the turbine efficiency even though increases in air mass may not be obvious.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I fitted the vibratechnics street engine and gear box mounts in the week, not the easiest or quickest mod to fit but not very difficult either. The result is instant power delivery and less strain on the exhaust etc. Vibrations are minimal if at all with a little more noise which is getting less as they bed in.
An excellent modification and highly recommended. The car's handling and power delivery is spot on whilst its refinment is far better than it was as stock. I knew that the suspension upgrades would improve handling but didn't appreciate they more make the car more comfortable and pleasurable to drive. :)

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Back from the dead;)
Had a good RR day out at Bills yesterday and was hoping to maintain or improve upon the previous figure of 325bhp but the butt dyno had a feeling this may not be the case. Over the past few months I had added a SEM intake manifold, decatted and improved upon the wmi setup.
Recent logging had shown an increase in cf's but nothing major. Unfortunately I only run in 3 rd on the road due to safety but when she was run in fifth on the dyno the lack of tuning to compliment the mods showed itself in increased boost and very high CF's :(. Only 314 bhp. A rooky error of one I know better. Once home I disconnected the n75 and connected my ebc to control boost (constant 21.5 psi) and dropped timing using lemmiwinks by 2 degrees and hey presto max cf's of 3's at a timing advance of 22 degrees at the red line. Lesson learned.
Its such a fine line of boost verus cf's since an increase of only 1 psi can be seen by a corresponding increase in cf's. The joys of tuning.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Hi, I've read that article from Modshack about larger diameter MAF housing. I made myself a custom intake kit which has a 90mm Alloy pipe which reduces down to the 76mm OEM MAF housing, would this defeat the object of the 90mm pipe allowing more air in then being reduced down to 76mm? As it seems a remap is recommended with a larger MAF housing which I am not prepared for at this stage. Would it be better to run with a 76mm pipe rather than a 90mm then reducing down to 76mm?