Windscreen washer problem

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hi all.

Just after a little advice.

Noticed a few days ago that my window washers have stopped working.

Can't hear the pump going so I think it's broken.

Just thought I'd check to see if there's anything abvious to look at before I start trying to book it into a garage.

Also yep it has water in it.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
If the fuse is good - buy yourself a new pump.
Cheap enough to buy and about 20 mins to replace ( it is in the front of the left wheel arch behind the liner )

Worth noting: My windscreen and headlamp washers stopped working, fuses OK, water level OK. Scanned the car with VCDS, found a fault with the pump, cleared it, and it started working and has never failed again. I think the fault will self-clear after a certain number of ignition cycles (10?).

Reactions: Walone

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
That's an interesting one

I did have it at the dealer a few days ago.

Defo not the fuse. I also Checked that and I guess they just confirmed it.

They have booked it back for a few days, hopefully on seats Dime as I have the all in one service warranty thing.

But I might call back to them and get them to see if there are any errors showing for the pump.

Cheers.

rdraheim

Jul 18, 2023
I had the jets block up on my Golf (single hole on the "S" or lowest trim level) they couldn't be cleaned, and I run a lab and tried everything from physical penetration to ultrasonic baths ... replaced them with better jets with 3 holes each and everything works better than original.

I don't think that's your problem but am leaving this here for other people searching.

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
I have the same issue with no pump sound, changed my fuse and did nothing, I dunno if I should buy an OBD or just buy a new pump?

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Update on this.
It went to the dealer for diags.
It was definately the washer pump.
They tried the fuses and tested the wiring.

Luckily I had bought the seat all in one plan a month or two before out of fear of the thermostat housing issue coming back again.

The had the washer pump replaced under that as a manufacturing fault.

The bill says £148.00.

Not sure if that was just for parts tho.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.