Windscreen Wipers

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
Im about to have my windsceen replaced due to a huge crack, so i will be getting sum new wipers in the process. I have noticed all the brand new cars on the road these days have got those new aoro wiper blades, the ones with the solid rubber strip. I am guessing if i want them on my cupra r i will have to get the wiper arms as well, does anyone know if the ones on the golf and audi A3 will fit on this car and if so would it be worthwhile to get the parts from a dealership?:whistle:

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
wiper upgrade

i know that the blades will fit this car, but it will make the arms look odd, im after the full modern look. Iv just been on vagparts.com and looked up the golf mk4 arms and blades, and all they want is about 53 quid which is not bad. So does anyone know will the arms work on this car, as i dont reall y want to order them and find out that they do not work cheers

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
all you should need is the arm, blade and cap from VW...around £20. the current arm should just pop off

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
all you should need is the arm, blade and cap from VW...around £20. the current arm should just pop off

I think this is for the rear wiper.
I've got golf mk4 blades and arms on my LCR as do many others. There are 2 ways to fit the passenger side one, either trim is down a bit, or have it sit a tad high when at rest (this is due to the blade being slightly too long). They are far more effective than the oe wipers, and looking much slicker! From memory, they are about £60 on vagparts where i got mine.. why not get a fabia estate rear wiper while you doing?

gib20vt

May 11, 2008
Cumbria
I just got a set of aero wipers for my LCR and they look like they have been fitted from the factory. They have a normal clip but they have a cover which goes over them - will get a pic up when I can. They came in a £22 delivered

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
misc006.jpg

Iv got the sparco ones on mine

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The ebay one look crap imho, the stick up far to much and hurt your eyes :roflmao:

The mk4 conversion is far far neater as you don't have the horrible fixing where the blade fixes to the standard arm.