wiper conversion brake conversion

welsh frtdi

smokey
Oct 3, 2009
carms
got mrs de bagdeing fr s boot but does anyone know of the part numbers to fit fabia rear wiper to leon ,also has anyone got pd150 with full cross drilled conversion on brakes your views on the upgrades on the brakes would be cool .got my hands on a full set of drilled discs (looks the dogs nuts)but are they worth the looks or shouldn i bother fitting them.thanks in advance:confused:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
drilling discs are prone to cracking but will help with ventilation to an extent. Grooved discs have more effect than drilled due to the increased initial bite from the grooves on the pads.

Seat Adam

Dirty Densel Driver
Sorry to gatecrash this thread, can anybody with a PD150 Cupra Leon give any advice on what brake setup they are using and how good they are. My rear discs are really rusty on the outer edge of the rim of about 10mm and want to uprate the brakes all round. The fronts are ok but will change the lot in one go.

Cheers Adam.

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
go for 312s on the front. makes the world of differance. im using oe pads and disks so id say ds2500 would be way better. i couldnt afford them at the time. you need disks pads and new caliper carriers.. you could upgrade the rear disks to ones off a lcr.. you need disks calipers and cariers and pads

Shani

Habitual derv user
Aug 12, 2007
Baillieston, Glasgow
Sorry to gatecrash this thread, can anybody with a PD150 Cupra Leon give any advice on what brake setup they are using and how good they are. My rear discs are really rusty on the outer edge of the rim of about 10mm and want to uprate the brakes all round. The fronts are ok but will change the lot in one go.

Cheers Adam.

Adam I'm running a remapped pd150. I recently upgraded to black diamond grooved discs and predator pads both fornt and rear. The full set of parts was about £350 all in. Not as good as the Ferrodo pads pretty good nonetheless.

My only comment is braking is less linear than I initially expected. When you push the pedal initially there is litlle braking, you push a bit harder and there is not much more but push harder and you suddenly slow down very quickly. Takes a while to become used to the sensitivity but great setup once you get used to it.

Remember to bed in and if you're changing pads then use the opportunity to change out your fluid as well and get some motul RBF or ATE superblue in there.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise