Woes of the 1896 software upgrade

As a follow-up to a few months back, it looks like the 1896 update did stop the SOS error (no repeat since). However, our Sat Nav was reset to July 2019 (which we do not understand given we purchased the car in November 2020 other than this may be the absolute baseline version from which all updates accrue thereafter). The Sat Nav is now rubbish (does not recognise destinations, stops working 30 miles from our destination) which means we're have to default to using Waze via apple carplay. The dealer tells us there is absolutely nothing it can do to replace the lost map updates other than us re-subscribing to Seat and allowing the system to update itself all over again (which I'm guessing will take a very long time over the air). This seems ridiculous. Why can't the SEAT dealerships be able to update a customers Sat Nav to the latest version?

Did others who have had the 1896 update (from 1672) also lose all their map updates?
Some of them do this

You can download the appropriate maps off the Seat/Cupra website onto USB. I believe it should allow you to use the latest maps

The SOS fault is fixed by an update to the telematics module aswell as the infotainment unit. Your car will have had absolutely loads of updates carried out at the same time as the infotainment update 🙂

Nov 27, 2020
Just had the 1896 update on my 2020 Leon FR. Seems much better overall - just a few issues.

Firstly, I expected to now be able to use wireless Android Auto but still cannot do this - does anyone know if all cars should be able to do this after the update?

I'm now getting the road name showing up on the map on the digital drivers display when using Android Auto but not the directions. Does anyone know if the empty box above the road name in the image is meant to contain the direction? I do get directions when moving to a different view as shown in the other image

I'm also unable to register myself as the primary user - I get a constant loading symbol when doing this. Anyone experienced this and know how to fix?

Attachments

• IMG_20220914_171932699.jpg
    IMG_20220914_171932699.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20220914_171938029.jpg
    IMG_20220914_171938029.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 156

scuj1

Mar 3, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
Just had the 1896 update on my 2020 Leon FR. Seems much better overall - just a few issues.

Firstly, I expected to now be able to use wireless Android Auto but still cannot do this - does anyone know if all cars should be able to do this after the update?

I'm now getting the road name showing up on the map on the digital drivers display when using Android Auto but not the directions. Does anyone know if the empty box above the road name in the image is meant to contain the direction? I do get directions when moving to a different view as shown in the other image

I'm also unable to register myself as the primary user - I get a constant loading symbol when doing this. Anyone experienced this and know how to fix?
The view on the left is the vehicle's own sat nav and not Android Auto. The one on the right is using the directions from Android Auto.

Nov 27, 2020
The view on the left is the vehicle's own sat nav and not Android Auto. The one on the right is using the directions from Android Auto.
The map is from the sat nav, but the road name is from Android Auto as it disappears when the phone is unplugged and at one point said something along the line of 'Take the 2nd exit' which was directly from android auto. I'm just wondering if other people are seeing something showing in the empty grey bar above the road name when using android auto

Some cars require coding to enable wireless AA aswell as the update

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.