worn lcr 225 steering wheel

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
Anyone else have this? red showing through. Anybody tackled this in anyway?

Kartracer69

Jul 18, 2009
Yes mate!!!!

I had it 're-sprayed' with special paint by a leather upholsterer, I searched high and low for a post on a forum to get this done and everyone just says ' buy a new wheel off ebay ' etc.

Where abouts in the world do you live, because a local mobile leather guy did mine and the gearknob by blowing a special paint directly onto the red parts and it is AMAZING now. I think it;s acrylic based paint, but literally blown on through a tube onto the wheel after masking off everything else.

He is a mobile guy with a van and sorts out things like scuffs, tears in leather and colour, down in Buckinghamshire way.

James

Kartracer69

Jul 18, 2009
Ps. - surprisingly the actual colour of the wheel originally IS red, it is simply painted afterwards. The same goes for the gearknob, and don't let anyone tell you any differently

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
i'm based in liverpool centre so a little far! What kind of idoit thought of that one, a red steering wheel. deer me. I'll have a look for a service like that around here.

cheers

Kartracer69

Jul 18, 2009
well the guy has some sort of contract with my dad's work so it was cheaper than usual, it cost 40 quid.

Literally put the paint into a tube, masked off the dials, other parts of steering wheel etc and blew the paint directly onto the surface after a very light clean and rub down.

His company mobile number is 07836576185 - TS Leather service. There isn't a website i've found, just by chance really. Buckinghamshire area.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.