Young people + LCR - What insurance?

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
CupraCool said:
Perhaps not. Wait til you have an accident. Then they'll check your milage against your MOTs etc and decide your policy is void and not pay out coz you lied about the milage. :(

Good stinking batman

Better to be honest from day 1 tho really, no matter what plans you have
(extra miles a year,remaps,other mods)

It's always a grey area what to tell insurance but the more honest you are now the less worried you are if the worst happens

:doh: :headhurt:

sharpy

The_one said:
Sorry i don't believe that at all.

1k for a group 16 car?

I've just done a quote with Admiral

22, driving for 5 years with 3 years NCB

£1600 :think:

i live in a RG7 post code, seems like i can get quite good qoutes through elephant but i am insured for £1010 otherwise i wouldnt of picked it but and driven it home from kent

NumberoftheBeast

Apr 20, 2005
Manchester
I don't know where some of you lot live but seems like you are getting good deals. I wouldn't be complaining.

I am 23, male, been driving for four years, have 1 years NCB (lost 3 yrs because of a crash) and an SP30. Oh and I live in East Manchester, but not necessarily a bad part of it.

I am paying 2200 (that's before interest added on monthkly repayments) on an 05 Jabba remapped LCR. This is with Adrian Flux. They wanted 2,000 for it standard so I took the plunge and went for a remap, then declared it.

Oh and before I am tiold I should have shopped around, Elephant, Admiral and the likes all wanted towards 4,000. In fact, some companies said you have to either be 25 or have two years NCB to be insured on such a car.

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Jesus Mary and Joseph

I would be driving a metro if I lived up there then.

What you had in the past mate?
(cars and insurance)

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
BHP Addict said:
That makes them a bit stupid then really for not checking
:lol:

Good for customers though.
Thanks for the info

Bless you for being honest, safer way if anything bad happens
:clap:

Sorry mate, anyone who thinks insurance firm's are stupid is a mug. When it comes to paying out money, they get very smart very quickly. Because of the big numbers of claims there will always be people who get away with outrageous things, but I wouldn't like the odds of being caught.

NumberoftheBeast

Apr 20, 2005
Manchester
With each year of driving I bought better cars, but due to more NCB, my premiums usually waivered around the 1600 mark...

Started driving at 19. Bought a Ford Ka 1.3 and after MUCH searching around finally got insured for 1700 quid. This went down to 1400 after I did my Pass Plus.

Next car was bought at the age of 20; a year older and one year of NCB made a lowering of the premium on the Ka so went looking at better cars. I bought a VW Lupo Sport - the 16V 100bhp pocket rocket. With one years no claims I was paying 1600 quid. This went down to just under a grand when I got my second years no claims bonus so shopped around for a new motor...

At 21 I had 2 years NCB so I bought a 225 Audi S3 (cost me 21 grand!) I was paying 1600 on it and then when I was due for renewal it went down, again, to just under a grand.

In my fourth year of dricing (3 years NCB) I crashed the S3 (crap brakes) and bought the Leon. The LCR is actually more expensive to insure than the Audi and so when it came to renewal, I was knocked down to 1 years NCB (would have had four) and charged well over 2K. I shopped around and Adran Flux was the best for me. I paid the extra and went for the Jabba remap!

KILLER INSURANCE!!!

Oh and I have just bought a house... fear is not the word.

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
NumberoftheBeast said:
I don't know where some of you lot live but seems like you are getting good deals. I wouldn't be complaining.

Yeah i also am very surprised by the good quotes people have got.

Wish i could get them :(

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Im 22 and i pay £1500 with Adrian flux with all mods declared (at the moment). When i got the car a year ago i paid £900. Ive just been quoted by green light at £800 with all mods declared. Which is great considering the stuff I have on there.

I have an sp30 back on 01, one accident (didn’t go through insurance). The car is garaged, tracker etc and im in an EN post code

Rob225C

Im 22 with 5 year NCB but i have my girlfriend on insurance who is 22 with no no claims, i also have 3 points for speeding and live in grim grimsby. i pay £1044 with Tesco

LCR User

Stage...
Jan 17, 2006
I declared my insurance at the age of 21 with 1 years NCB on me own name F/C, , 2 additional people on the insurance for £1300, with Admiral.

Some good quotes on here.

Sorry for hi-jacking a little, but is it just me or will Admiral not insure cars with mods? They keep saying no to me for a DV and induction kit? :confused:

Makes me so angry I want to change insurance now [:@]

scott cupra 225

Dec 5, 2005
Kemnay, Aberdeenshire
ive got a lcr.im up in the north of Scotland.im 23 got 4 points full no claims bonus or very close and paying £650 with direct line. was with cis with my last car and when i changed to the cupra they wanted £2000 yes £2000 and i said well what do you think i said???????????????:lol:

rickmyster

May 9, 2005
i'm 22 have 4 yrs ncb with protection my renwal was £880 on a 05 leon which i have owned from new. with elephant on a 10mth policy. cheapset i could find tbh. they alson matched my ncb (was 3 at the time) on my second car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.