Young people + LCR - What insurance?

DANNY H

Mar 27, 2006
Ipswich
At 26 i'm getting a little old now but my i'm paying £380 fully comp for my cupra R, it's a hundred quid a year cheaper than my 1.8 Astra coupe i had before, that was only group 9! work that out!:confused: :confused:

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
LCR USER, Admiral would insure mine with lexus lights, ram air induction and tints declared, but direct line and privalidge wouldnt touch me until i am 25, shame cus they pissed everyone elses qoute by 100 quid...:-(

got quoted £360 for LC, £480 for LCR and £560 for Ibiza Cupra TDi :wtf:

Not bad considering i pay £340 for the peugeot, but that is for 30k/year with full business class 1 and living on licenced premises:)

Scoob was £1270, but it was a grey import in gp 20+

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The_one said:
Sorry i don't believe that at all.

1k for a group 16 car?

I've just done a quote with Admiral

22, driving for 5 years with 3 years NCB

£1600 :think:
I dont believe him either. My mate (has an lcr) is around £700 with 5 years no claims and is 23. so for only 300 more and have no noclaims is obserd.

Last edited:

LCR User

Stage...
Jan 17, 2006
Nice one Smoothuk, how did you manage to declare those mods??

I keep getting through to there call centre in India, who say it's up to the underwriters in the UK, then the underwriters say they will not declare those mods, especially the DV, as it's a "performance mod" [:@]

Probably due to my age.

Anyway, I should of know better and done my research.

Will have to wait 7 months with no mods!

IBD

Here Again!
Jan 16, 2006
North West
Mines only an LC, but paying £425 Fully comp for 20k, but I am 25 with 5 yrs NCB and no points with Norwich Union, and I live in low risk CH5 postcode.
But I need to put my misses on who is 23 and Norwich Union wont touch her until she is over 25.
My best quote Now Is £755 with her on it as she also has 6 points which doesnt help things much!

JohnL

I'm 22, 3 years NCB and direct line charge me £850.

The closet quote I could get to that is £950 by tesco.

I previously had insurance with HIC for my pug (with quite a lot of performance mods) but they wouldn't insure me on the LCR (no mods) because I had to be over 23. They wouldn't even change my existing policy, with 5 months left to run to the LCR, even though I'm 23 in a couple of months!

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
LCR USER, i did it online mate an if i remember corectly they had tick boxs for it....
Oh didnt declare me dv, i just figured it was a standard replacement part for the oe one...just more reliable!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Not an LCR but when doing a quote now (gonna renew in July)

I'm 23, one year no claims, driving for 2.5 years and my quote comes to £1400 for my FR. This Essex area I am in is a killer. So many accidents happen on the Eastern Avenue which turns into the A12.

BigRims

Hi all,

I'm new to all this so be patient! Have just sold my Pug 306 1.6!! and just got my first LCR 225, Luna Grey, 05 plate and loving it!

I searched EVERYWHERE for insurance and the cheapest I found was Privilege. I'm 28, 9 years no claims, protected bonus no claims or convictions and got it for £525.

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
i dont own a LCR, but figuered id do a quote as i would love to own one in the not so distant future.
Kinda went whole hog on it.
age 21, 1yr NCB, Moddified car with green light. producing 275BHP. (they ask for that)
Remap, exhaust,Induction,Dump valve,coil overs, uprated discs and pads, tints.

Said that i needed 1yrs experience of a performance car, and also that that cat1 alarm fitted.
I sadly had a rover befor, so thats a no no..
but insurance was about £13-1400 if i remember right. (i do live in a safe area though)

sharpy

jonjay said:
I dont believe him either. My mate (has an lcr) is around £700 with 5 years no claims and is 23. so for only 300 more and have no noclaims is obserd.

where abouts to you live?
why would i lie about insurance?

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
jamzee500 said:
have written off a car and have a ts10 lol

ts10????

Whats that?

You must be rolling in it mate to pay that insurance

I think I would have to sell up and buy an apollo from halfords