Got my car back (Big Turbo)

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
You will not loose 10 bhp and 10 lb torque. This is a diesel not a petrol car so you probably will not loose much if any peak bhp but the torque lowered to 320-330 lb you would get a lot less smoke when the turbo is spooling up. As i PM`d you already smoke is unburnt diesel.What Jabba is doing is adding too much diesel for the amount of air the turbo is sucking into the car especially when off boost in a bad attempt to get the turbo to spool up quicker. It produces high torque figures but makes the car smoke like hell. Peak bhp which is reached much later in the rev range when the turbo is on full boost shouldn`t be affected really as you will still be injecting max amount of diesel, it`s just that your injectors will not max out so soon. Sorry but in my humble opinion that is nothing more then bad mapping but bhp and torque figures sale not how the car drives or what the bhp/torque graph looks like. Sad but true.

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
guessing you had a lot of experience in this whole diesel thing.... i must admit i would havenever had a diesel until i owned one now look im just on the quest for more power its all good and will have a blast home from allards once done he he. ps dont half know ya stuff man!!!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
sooty the conversion took 6days but that included coilovers, clutch, ARB spacers, big turbo and mapping dunno how quick allards turn it around.

Mikey I'm going to go back to jabba to have my 312's fitted anyway and i was out tonight with bro following me and he said when i booted it he couldn't see hardly nything he said it was like a thick fog so i am going to have to do something about it so when i go i think i will be asking mike to have another play around with it, so just to re-cap i need to ask him to try not injecting as much fuel lower down the rev range? after tonight's affairs i think i really do need to get the smoke problem sorted will update as an when. just been to my bro's garage fitting hid's and de-badged the car with just a small jabba sticked in the bottom right hand corner in my opinion it looks sweet will be posting a thread tomorrow to get some pics up so have a look i think it looks alot better.

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
justgot off the phone to allards and they think the conversion will take around 4 days but im getting the clutch which is the big job, cant wait lol, mikey_H know this may be a stupid question but was the power increase a big improvement cxant wait to see the results thats all lol.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
good luck with the turbo sooty22 hope all goes smoothly!!

CAN I ASK HAVE YOU UPRATED YOUR ENGINE MOUNTS DEVONMIKEYBOY????

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
what do you sugest in my problem the gaskets will keep blowing unless the monts are changed im suprised my engine dont hit the bonnet it rocks so much :lol: driveshafts will take more stick aswell im imagining :think:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Do i get a ride tomorow bud?? ;)

yea mate will take you out dunno how i'm going to keep it clean though :s will have to clean it every 5mins, also the weather is ment to be crap tomorrow and when it rains the soot sticks even more :( had t.spark found anywhere for us to clean our cars tomorrow

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
justgot off the phone to allards and they think the conversion will take around 4 days but im getting the clutch which is the big job, cant wait lol, mikey_H know this may be a stupid question but was the power increase a big improvement cant wait to see the results thats all lol.

mate honestly it makes a HUGE difference seems to hold the power through the whole rev range but i will say Avrs has a Allards turbo so need to ask him really, before when i used to race my bro's 260bh golf i used to hold him for about 2 secs then change and he kept going whereas now when we both floor it i pull straight infront and keep pulling when i change he obviously gains some back on me but i was really impressed although i don't know how allards turbo's are :blink:

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
mate honestly it makes a HUGE difference seems to hold the power through the whole rev range but i will say Avrs has a Allards turbo so need to ask him really, before when i used to race my bro's 260bh golf i used to hold him for about 2 secs then change and he kept going whereas now when we both floor it i pull straight infront and keep pulling when i change he obviously gains some back on me but i was really impressed although i don't know how allards turbo's are :blink:

It does completely transform the way the power is delivered. Holds the power like Mikey said through the rev range but how the power is managed is more down to the map and I think mine, Mikey's and yours when it's done will all be slightly different due to different people mapping them and mine is done in a live mapping situation on the road rather then rollers so again will be different. I'll be able to tell you my full thoughts hopefully next week when I've had my FMIC fitted and the car's been back for the map to be tweaked. Will update you when I've had time to play.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
It does completely transform the way the power is delivered. Holds the power like Mikey said through the rev range but how the power is managed is more down to the map and I think mine, Mikey's and yours when it's done will all be slightly different due to different people mapping them and mine is done in a live mapping situation on the road rather then rollers so again will be different. I'll be able to tell you my full thoughts hopefully next week when I've had my FMIC fitted and the car's been back for the map to be tweaked. Will update you when I've had time to play.

Christ you have'nt got a FMIC, you will defo notice a difference once thats on.

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
Yeah I know it was because I had a turbo failure so the hybrid was a forced decision and I never had enough to pay out for an FMIC, however I still don't I'm using my overdraft. Can't wait to get it fitted.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
thats mdding cars for ya, you don't see many people into cars who don't rack up a bit of debt for em. Viscous addiction, sometimes i think smack heads have got it easy cmpared to car lovers......lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.