Another N249 Thread

tripdiesel

Leon Cupra R 225
Mar 21, 2009
Isle of Wight
Ive been reading the post on the N249 Bypass but as alot of people seem to be im confused as there have been loads of different pictures of different bays and pipes.

Mine is a BAM LCR so where and what should i remove and run new pipe from where to where, i have 2m of red 4mm hosing sat here and i'd like to do the bypass, is there any other bypass's that can be done? as i would love to clean the bay up and springle new hoses around.

Thanks in advance
Tripdiesel

Photo0007.jpg

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Photo0007.jpg

This is as simple as I can make it.

1) Disconnect the vac hoses where the red arrows are pointing to.
2) Run a new silicon vac hose between these two points (Dump valve and inlet manifold)

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
In fact, in my fiddling today I actually removed all the crap that sits on top of the coil packs, have left the n249 unplugged for now until I get a resistor and a plug to connect in.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Absolutely nothing, the N249 system is completely disconnected from the rest of the system at this point.

I thought about completely removing the N249 hose circuit but by doing so, on the LC at least, you also disconnect vacuum from the N112. Are there implications to this if its done without blanking the SAI inlet?

B5TSN

Ive been reading the post on the N249 Bypass but as alot of people seem to be im confused as there have been loads of different pictures of different bays and pipes.

Mine is a BAM LCR so where and what should i remove and run new pipe from where to where, i have 2m of red 4mm hosing sat here and i'd like to do the bypass, is there any other bypass's that can be done? as i would love to clean the bay up and springle new hoses around.

Thanks in advance
Tripdiesel

Hi Fella

I tried this mod today and changed it back as the car did not boost as quick and it felt slower, so was not convinced by this at all.

I am running a Forge Motorsport cold side relocation kit and a Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port Bov that sounds absolutely mental. When the bypass of the N249 was done this morning it did not pull as hard with this set-up so changed back.

Just my experience today, it may work with my dv on full recirc.

Still worth a go.

tripdiesel

Leon Cupra R 225
Mar 21, 2009
Isle of Wight
Absolutely nothing, the N249 system is completely disconnected from the rest of the system at this point.

So what are the other hoses doing then if the n249 is redundant, can it be removed to make things look tidy? if so lets see a nice diagram of what can and cant go please?

Tripdiesel

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I thought about completely removing the N249 hose circuit but by doing so, on the LC at least, you also disconnect vacuum from the N112. Are there implications to this if its done without blanking the SAI inlet?

If you take a look at this vac diagram for the LCR you will see that the N249 is completely separate from everything else. I don't actually know what the N112 looks like. :shrug:

LCRvacsysanno.png

tripdiesel

Leon Cupra R 225
Mar 21, 2009
Isle of Wight

Thanks in advance
Tripdiesel

Hi Fella

I tried this mod today and changed it back as the car did not boost as quick and it felt slower, so was not convinced by this at all.

I am running a Forge Motorsport cold side relocation kit and a Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port Bov that sounds absolutely mental. When the bypass of the N249 was done this morning it did not pull as hard with this set-up so changed back.

Just my experience today, it may work with my dv on full recirc.

Still worth a go.

Ill give it a go, i think ill just t-piece the current hoses into each other then if it feels better re-run with red hose.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
So what are the other hoses doing then if the n249 is redundant, can it be removed to make things look tidy? if so lets see a nice diagram of what can and cant go please?

Tripdiesel

Spend a little time comparing the vac diagram above with your LCR and you'll get it. ;)

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Ok now i understand that, is the hose on the inlet manifold easy to get to as it appears to be on the underside of the manifold?

It's not the easiest to get at but that mainly because of those irritating one use clips that I have spent most of the day removing!

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
If you take a look at this vac diagram for the LCR you will see that the N249 is completely separate from everything else. I don't actually know what the N112 looks like. :shrug:

Ok mate, thanks for the diagram. The LC system is quite a bit different from this. Thanks for clearing that up.

B5TSN

It's not the easiest to get at but that mainly because of those irritating one use clips that I have spent most of the day removing!

Yes those clips are a pain to remove, I used long nose pliers to pull the clip together then got a flat blade screwdriver underneath then used another pair of pliers to pull apart.....you need 3 hands.....lol......they do come off after a few choice words....:lol:

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I have spent 9 hours under my bonnet today, I'd say 4 or 5 of those were spent removing one use clips and I am NOT exaggerating!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.