Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
hmm my car was dyno'd in 5th gear? think that would make a difference?

The gear used depends on what ratio your gear box gears have.
You need to use the gear that is as close to a 1:1 ratio as possible. On the 6 speed cars this is 4th, not too sure on the 5 speed ones but would doubt 5th was the closest to 1:1 more likely to be 4th

Last edited:
A few very small updates.

I decided (because I was bored) to paint my charge pipe. Since I had some black wrinkle paint left over I used this. Didn't bother prepping it at all just cleaned it and went on ahead with the spray paint. Came out alright but not the best! To be honest I'm not sure if I even like it but oh well! Here's a crappy pic:

DSC00332.jpg

Then stuck on some stickers I've accumulated. First a Forge one in the engine bay, then SCN ones on both rear windows, then a colin mcrae one in the rear window. Still have a neverbeen sticker to go on and that will be all the stickers I will be putting on. Again some crappy phone pics.

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

Phoned up rally design this week and they said I would have to take off a bolt and send it to them to make sure they got the right thread, which is a bit of a bummer so I may just go to somewhere in Aberdeen to get some. Or have a look this weekend and see if the amount of threads available will suffice (but I doubt they will).

Thanks all for now!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
8.8 are pretty strong.
They should be good, why did you shy away from the Allen key headed cap screw?
I profer using these over hex, less chance of rounding and using a ball ended Allen key you can get into tighter difficult places

8.8 are pretty strong.
They should be good, why did you shy away from the Allen key headed cap screw?
I profer using these over hex, less chance of rounding and using a ball ended Allen key you can get into tighter difficult places

I have lots of hex sockets and not alot of allen tools :whistle: They aren't difficult to get to at all so not much chance of rounding them off. Plus I don't tend to, I'm more a thread stripper myself!! Saying that I think I have learned from my mistakes now (worst being oil sump plug on my first bike :headhurt:)

Long time and no update! Been pleased with the power!! :D

Had my first experience of a coilpack going. It didn't actually go but I could feel it so I vag-com'd it and sure enough it was the 3rd cylinder. Luckily I bought 3 used coilpacks before I bought the car :)

I got my Wilwoods on today :) I had to put my spacers from the back on the front temporarily until I buy some 3-5mm spacers for the front. I didn't put the braided hoses on yet as I couldn't undo the standard ones and I didn't want to break them down in Glasgow... First thoughts are ok but I want to see them bedded in first before I judge them.

I had to cut the bolts I bought and luckily the Lexus garage down the road lent me a hack saw and vice to get it done :) Which I wasn't expecting them to let me do at all!

That is about it for now. Don't know if I mentioned this before but I have fitted my LCR fuel pump, and need to get it on the rolling road again and see if it's sorted my torque/fuel drop.

Finally the royal mail managed to deliver my bolts from Bill so I now have the 6mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear :) Looks much better!

No photos of any of it yet as the car is in a state.

I haven't done anything spectacular recently anyway... I am going to change the remaining standard intercooler hosing to silicone in the near future and then I'm not sure what's next! I want to get a large proper FMIC but at the moment I can't be bothered with the hassle..!

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
Updates:

The Mk5 Golf rear aero wiper of course!

DSC00296.jpg

Alright mate

Ive got a mk5 golf wiper arm and blade in my garage. Held it up to the car the other day and it looked like there was to much of a bend in the arm for it to fit.

Did you have to modify the arm at all?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members