Black alloys with red lip - pics of Mk1 Leon multispokes please!

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I'm thinking about getting some new alloys for my car (MK1 Leon FR TDI) and I have more or less settled on the idea of black wheels with a red lip. Now me being the picky bugger that I am there are only a few styles that I've found that appeal to me and I think would/could suit the car. Ideally I would like the lip to be quite thick, since a lot of the wheels I've found have a very narrow red stripe.

The main problem is that one of the best looking wheels I've found so far happens to be made by Wolfrace. Are these actually any good? All I've heard of Wolfrace is chavy/crap etc. Is this with good reason?

Anyway here are the wheels I've found so far that are available in 18" in my fitment, what are people's opinions?

Wolfrace Takata:
wolfrace-takata.jpg

Advanti SG40:
AdvantiSG40.jpg

Dare Drift V:
daredriftv.jpg

Inovit Torque:
inovit_torque.jpg

Team Dynamics 1.2 S:
TeamDynamicspro-race1-2red.jpg

TSW Trackstar 5:
tsw-trackstar5.jpg

Last edited:

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
wolfrace ones win it for me

I do like the Wolfrace, it's just that I've only ever heard bad things about Wolfrace :confused:

I like either of the team dynamics ones myself, they will probably be lighter than the others too.

Remember you can just buy any wheels and put red bike tape around the edge, that's what I did ;)

Yeah I've seen the pics in your thread, in fact I would consider a set of TT rims like yours if some came up at the right price. Are yours genuine or replicas?

I used to have Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 on my old car and would definitely consider them again.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
i liek the first one, the wolfrace. id go for that if i had the choice!
you could try to switch out the centre cap to SEAT so they wont know its wolfrace :p

GregLCR04

99 Ron Please!!!!
Oct 31, 2006
Dumbarton, Scotland
I like the Team Dynamics ones. I would avoid the TSW ones like the plague. Had a set previously and found the quality not to be great and also corroded quite badly through time

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Im considering some of those Advanti's I like to ones below too though, but i donrt know if either are any good?

Is there much difference besides price with genuine and replica rims? as in audi TT rims or something liek that rather than OZ's or Wolfrace etc.

Do Replicas dent, strach, curb up worse than a set of Genuine's?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I like the Tiger Sport Wheels, think the red strip is neat, not too thick. Think they'd look great.
I have a set of old TSW's on my golf,seem pretty good at taking the odd knock.
South African company I think, reasonably well made.

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I just bought a set of the Pro Race 1.2's in plain black, the lip is huge I reckon they'd look odd with that big red lip :)

Yeah I used to have a set of Pro Race 1.2 on my old car and know what you mean about it being huge, but I want a biggish lip. Still not sure if that would be too big though.

I like the Tiger Sport Wheels, think the red strip is neat, not too thick. Think they'd look great.
I have a set of old TSW's on my golf,seem pretty good at taking the odd knock.
South African company I think, reasonably well made.

I never knew that was what TSW stands for, you learn something new every day!

Dajmin

I reckon the Trackstar 5's are my favourites out of those. The lip colour is nice and subtle, not too bright, and you get the nice contrast of red and black around the centre as well. But then I am a sucker for 5-spoke designs :)

A lot of people advise against multi-fit alloys (I don't know why), but I've had a couple of friends use them without any issues.