MK2 Ibiza / Cordoba Pedal box replacement

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
That's exactly what i thought ! ! ! Well its changed now, so waste of time for me i guess :| Shame its just only the pedal box, well i hope it is :D If this fails what else could it be?

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
if you mean the white clip that stops the brake pedal from coming off, youre best bet is to buy a new one and just break it off and replace...

With the white clip thats on the underside of the brake pedal, should i just get a flathead and pry it off? I'm also having problems with pulling out the brake and clutch pivot pin, when i pull it to the left it wont pull out completely as it hits what i think is the heater controls case, and to the right it will hit the fusebox.:doh:

NOTE I have not removed my steering column at all.

Please help.... Are we alllowed to give out contact details on here? I dont want to post them up and get banned or anything.

All ideas or solutions will be great....It seems like im getting so close......:cry: No time to give up now.

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
Im being such a child, why is this white clip being so stubborn, i cant even break all of it properly. Im losing hope now but im so close, as i can wriggle the pedal box but i can see that its going to get stopped by the brake pedal.

Any technique to breaking it...ive tried prying it with flatheads and all sorts but no luck, when looking into it with a mirror i can see its only one little lip that's holding it now...

When i do finally get it off? do i have to undo the steering column at all? at the little connector bit?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just the tags holding the ball but they are bar stewards

iirc I think I used side cutters and chiseled it out

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
I'm being charge £74.92 for the bracket and the brake clip £3.98

I'm sorry, but surely the VW polo bracket is identical? Yet i have been told it is around only £35 for a reinforced bracket.

Can someone please tell me if this is true...because I don't want to spend the money at Seat, when I can get the exact same part if not better for half the price?

Please get back to me if anyone has a vw part number or a simple yes no if the vw polo or golf pedal box will fit.

:cry: The stress from this beeza.

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
part number will be on the pedal box you take out somewhere so just get the same part... polos 'may' have the same pedal box, but shouldnt vary in price if theyre the same, you can always order the seat part from VW either way...
i just got a working second hand unit and reinforced it myself with some extra braces and a cheeky bolt...
Clip seems to be normally priced though

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
I could do with a second hand one. Even the lady said that it will be the original which basically means it will break again and even when i said vw do a reinforced part she denied the car being similar to a vw.

Best place to look for a second hand one?

looks like im going to be forking out :-[

lookcentre

many thanks for this YOU saved me a large amount of money with your easy to follow guide.
When you come to the piece of putting the accelerator cable to the pedal, try an adjustable spanner over the wire and lever down against the top of the pedal box.
This worked fine for me.

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
Hey guys, ive only just got a chance to finish off the pedal box. Ive bolted everything up but now cant get the steering column back into that joint. And its the only thing thats left to do. Note[ i didnt remove shear bolts.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
you need to slot in at the bottom to the column first then bolt it up but as you haven't removed the shear bolts that would mean dropping the whole cage again

how far you into it ? maybe best to try loosening it off for some slack rather than taking the shear bolts on ?
either that or taking the shearbolts out (pin into it then anti-clockwise) and replace em with standard bolts

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
pretty sure splined shaft on steering column is spring loaded?
should push upwards enough to slip in or does the joining piece slide down into floor?

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
Hi guys ive done it now....

Future note if you dont want to remove the shear bolts, i undid the 2 bolts that hold the metal bracket and sleeve over the metal piece coming out of the floor and also the one nut and bolt of the twisty thingy ;)and it all popped out.

kinggy999

Dec 13, 2010
nottingham
getting it back in ,basicly i had it in put the bar through the pedal box into the brake pedal felt the top and the spring had come out now i can get the f,,ker back in

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
getting it back in ,basicly i had it in put the bar through the pedal box into the brake pedal felt the top and the spring had come out now i can get the f,,ker back in

best thing to do buddy will be removing the metal bar partially.
Then offer the brake pedal up with the clip to its holding point, then force into position.

When you see that the spring is definately in place. Then push the metal rod in fully.

Hope that helps.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.