window regulator problem

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
hah!

well i did mine in 2hours and that was because i stopped to have lunch ;) The hardest part for me was getting the inner panel off because the door pin was a right tit to get off.... :(

[:@]

Ben Cupra2

Aug 12, 2011
Leicestershire
So are we saying the repair kit is the best option? And obviously the cheapest as well!? I was about to order a full replacement refulator instead and not sure wht to do now..

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
So are we saying the repair kit is the best option? And obviously the cheapest as well!? I was about to order a full replacement refulator instead and not sure wht to do now..

it all depends mate... i would 100% get the repair kit again, but some people have said they dont last long.

Frankly i could justify £90 for the passenger window that barely gets used... i might go for the £90 one if the drivers one goes... but for the repair kit... its a bit fiddly and you will need another pair of hands but it works fine :)

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
£90 is ridiculous to pay for a regulator!! :wtf:

Spend £42 instead, proper OEM parts from a dealer...

The regulator I got replaced the cables, cable reel, window rails/tracks and the clips, basically everything on the other side of the metal panel. And included rivets.

Why would you need to replace the metal panel anyway? Unless you bent the hell out of it removing it :confused:

Last edited:

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
yeah 100%, i was just using for reference... for the ebay price you can get it fitted to the inner skin! lol

me personally i would get it without the skin ;)

Ben Cupra2

Aug 12, 2011
Leicestershire
I've just spoke to SERE and ordered the £45 one, lets see how I get on fitting it when its here.

And whilst Im here I must say what great service from him! Very nice bloke!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.