window regulator problem

Ben Cupra2

Aug 12, 2011
Leicestershire
Yes top bloke!

I havnt got a rivet gun either.. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Didnt see the point in spending an extra £30 for something that I've already got :)

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Wee tip, when you're re-riveting the tracks to the metal panel, make sure you have something supporting the area you're riveting, otherwise you'll risk bending the panel ;)

mgbond

Got it all apart now and yest a clip has broken. Going to order the £45 setup and ordered the rivet gun.

Window now up and chocked, door tied shut. In the weekender this weekend so will have to drive it to work for a few days next week while I wait for the parts, can't afford the fuel otherwise. lol

Thanks for all your help.

Bondy

mgbond

Don't panic, it's very easy to get it all apart. I have all my parts now and will be fitting it tonight. The instructions are very good and the only thing I found wrong was the ref to the bit needed to undo the lock bolts. It's ref was for an 8pm triple square bit which I had not herd of (neither had the tool manufactures I went to lol). Basically it means a hex or Allan key bit. I also thnk it was 6pm I used not 8.

Offered up the erg last night and fitting that by drilling out the rivets will be a doddle. It is nice to have a second pair of hands fitting it all back together.

Good luck

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
£90 is ridiculous to pay for a regulator!! :wtf:

Spend £42 instead, proper OEM parts from a dealer...

The regulator I got replaced the cables, cable reel, window rails/tracks and the clips, basically everything on the other side of the metal panel. And included rivets.

Why would you need to replace the metal panel anyway? Unless you bent the hell out of it removing it :confused:

Mine from ECP came with bolts and nuts rather than rivets, made re-fitting a doddle.

mgbond

I did wonder why people were worried about rivets. I was going to ask why not bolt it back in.

I may well bolt it in but will use nylocks as anything else could rattle free unless it's loctited.

mgbond

It's all done. Even quicker putting it back together.

Point to note.

I was going to bolt the bits on and my mate said just rivet it. Tried the first one and the tool isn't up to it for the size of rivets provided. So I had one part fitted and couldn't get it out. So in the end just drilled another hole and bolted it all on. During all this mucking around trying to remove the rivet we fractured a bit of the locking system so the door at the moment can't be opened from the inside.

I will sort this later.

So make sure that lock system is protected while doing your attachment of the regulator.
Also, don't cut away the cable tie from the wheel unroll u have clipped the unit to the metal plate just in case it all un winds.

Have fun

Bondy

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.