MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Nearly ordered, got a online quote from all vehicle contracts, sent order through, got documents confirming the prices off the site, whilst processing my finance they've come back to me to say the price is for a hatch not the st and it will be an extra £20 a month, seemed a bit cheap, they will however reduce their fee for the error on their part, almost there:happy:

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Out of interest, why 4 years? Leases rarely work out for the better if you go over 24 months.

I have gone for a 4 year lease for my cupra for the following reasons

-Certainty, I know the cost of the car for the next 4 years, I can extend the warranty and the MOT cost is negligible.

-The monthly cost over 4 years was less than 2 and there was no second deposit to pay, nor leasing fees which offsets the other costs.

-My last car I kept for 11 years and only traded for this one as it was 23 years old and costing a bit to run for the miles I did. My partner has had her car for 8 years and we are merging into 1 car to save costs as we only really need one car

-Hassle, this has been a 9 month process and then all the uncertainty about what car we would get in the end, I don't want that again in 18 months

-Prices, if you look they seem to be going one way, meaning unless I get lucky the cost will only go up for a replacement

-Got to think what my partner wants as well as she is paying half so don't want to have too much risk.

Your mileage may vary of course, I think as we only do 6-8k a year max then my boredom time will take longer than other peoples and I am not too bothered about chopping and changing

Reactions: indyjones

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Everyone plays the PCH and PCP game differently.
For a PCH deal to be classed as good then it shouldn’t (cost over the contract term) more than 25% of the total cost of the car. I always take the true cost per month as the amortised cost for the initial months rental spread over the contract period and add it to the standard monthly. The headline cost for 99% of lease deals posted have a hefty first month and only 5k/pa - that makes the monthlies look cheap as chips...cheap as chips until you amortise the costs. There’s no reason a dealer or broker can’t give a 1+23, 1+35 or 1+47 either - that way there’s no big initial to worry about saving for or having to find.
Another reason for PCH for me is that you don’t have the full cost of the car of your credit record like you do on PCP.
For me, if the contract was 48 months then PCP would then potentially be feasible as you may well have equity in the car after 36 months which can be used for the next car.
It’s all horses for courses...of course

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
It's great to see more people taking delivery, I'm still enjoying the car, 600 miles down and I think it's getting louder :)
I agree! Mines came with 260miles (delivery) I have done 30 miles so far and even I have noticed the increase in noise. There is a sound actuator in Cupras mode (I really like it) and you do get the DSG fart when flooring it, quite a nice fart if I'm honest! The Digi dash is crystal clear as is the central display. All in all after day 1, I am incredibly happy. Alcantara is lovely also

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Received my confirmation that my car was built to spec 3 days ago and is currently awaiting transport.

Not sure how frequently they are transported to port or how frequent the ships run but hopefully still on target for the first week in December.

@LeonFR62 - hope you are in the same boat (literally) if not already ahead.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
Can’t wait to get my one now I have seen pictures of the Magnetic grey, was told today looking at February or March.

Reactions: GordonMcC

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
When did you order yours may I ask ?
Hi, order was place with dealership on the 29th Oct. Just hope they keep to timeframes they have promised me not like issues some others have had. Guessing now it’s all 19 models going through it will get back online, I’m also looking forward to getting the new upgrades whatever they might be lol

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
Hi, order was place with dealership on the 29th Oct. Just hope they keep to timeframes they have promised me not like issues some others have had. Guessing now it’s all 19 models going through it will get back online, I’m also looking forward to getting the new upgrades whatever they might be lol
Ordered around the same time as me then I ordered a lux on the 21st of Oct

Reactions: madhubbs

Halvar

Jun 21, 2018
NICE !!!!
can you confirm a few points for me, I know they've all been confirmed on the 5dr hatch but i think yours is the first ST BW38 to BW41 on here...

Can you confirm the 7spd DSG gearbox?

Does it have the updated digital cockpit with the central rev counter?
Yes to both :yes:

Reactions: Jonouk1

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Received my confirmation that my car was built to spec 3 days ago and is currently awaiting transport.

Not sure how frequently they are transported to port or how frequent the ships run but hopefully still on target for the first week in December.

@LeonFR62 - hope you are in the same boat (literally) if not already ahead.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I had the email telling me it was in production and asking for my address to send my goodwill cheque to. I imagine we'll both be on the same boat.