• Total voters

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
dcu4qd.jpg

:cloud9:

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just ordered my 5dr Cupra 290 DSG in Mystery Blue... It's going to be a painful wait over Christmas :cry: over the moon with the standard spec but quite shocked that it doesn't have heated seats as standard unless you go for the Lux when they're standard on several lesser models! Still can't wait though - looking forward to playing around with the virtual cockpit :thumbup:

Ip94

Oct 25, 2018
Manchester
Just ordered my 5dr Cupra 290 DSG in Mystery Blue... It's going to be a painful wait over Christmas :cry: over the moon with the standard spec but quite shocked that it doesn't have heated seats as standard unless you go for the Lux when they're standard on several lesser models! Still can't wait though - looking forward to playing around with the virtual cockpit :thumbup:

Ordered the same car as you, 5dr 290 DSG in Mystery Blue :) who did you order through? I went through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts at £284 a month on a 1+35 8k miles and 6.77p per mile excess inc vat. Been advised end of January delivery as they had already pre-ordered a batch of cars due for then. Can't wait! coming from a little VW Polo GTI

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ordered the same car as you, 5dr 290 DSG in Mystery Blue :) who did you order through? I went through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts at £284 a month on a 1+35 8k miles and 6.77p per mile excess inc vat. Been advised end of January delivery as they had already pre-ordered a batch of cars due for then. Can't wait! coming from a little VW Polo GTI

Snap! I'm also coming from a Polo GTI - got a black 3dr manual... I've quite enjoyed it to be fair! Cracking little car!
I've got mine with National Vehicle Solutions, £299 a month on 3+23 10K and 6.98p per mile excess. Stuck with them as they provided the Polo and the service is excellent.

Am I correct in saying (probably not) that you can no longer choose additional options such as SEAT sound etc? When ordering?

Yes mate that's correct - I rang the dealer to ask about the heated seats as the spec I had seen before I ordered stated the Cupra had the winter pack and KESSY as standard, but after ordering I was informed this was 3rd party information and was incorrect. When I spoke to the dealer they told me that if you wanted heated seats, you had to pay nearly £1500 more for the full Lux model, as there is no such thing as optional extras anymore - you can pick your engine/gearbox/colour and that's it. If you want more toys, you have to order the appropriate trim level in the first instance.

Reactions: Mad Spoons

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I went through a tunnel in second gear and let the car change at redline, the DSG fart was very loud but was very deep and more like the M140i fart (kinda sounds like one of those air-zooka's).

It seems a lot more grown up than on the previous 280/290/300s but that's just my opinion in terms of exhaust noises, the bangs can be very loud but most of the time they are quite muted, still turns some heads.

Also has anyone tried Launch Control? I triggered it yesterday to see what it sounded like, and it was nuts, the car sounded evil, and the turbo spool was all I could hear from the front and a bunch of bangs out of the back! I didn't actually launch it, and probably never will..

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
That’s as a result of WLTP emissions testing.

Yeah that was the reasoning the dealer gave - an interesting solution but unfortunate that you would need to jump a trim level just to obtain something trivial like heated seats or wireless charging in my opinion. Especially as it seems BMW's solution was to simply retest all vehicles and state that their emissions/mpg had changed to suit - you can still pick and mix your trims/options to tailor the vehicle to your requirements. As I am leasing my vehicles at the moment it isn't as much of an issue - but if I were ordering a car to own I would want to spec my car to suit my tastes/requirements. I have never had a car buying decision swayed by its real world mpg, and certainly not by its emissions :roflmao:

sdrfish

Jul 11, 2018
Out of interest, why 4 years? Leases rarely work out for the better if you go over 24 months. Plus, if you get bored after two or three years then you'll be liable for either 100% of the lease costs per month if you go though a company like Arval or 55% if you're financed by VWFS themselves.

Ive done 4 years as in terms of cost it works the same deposit as over 2 years but the monthly rental works out cheaper. I also don't have to deal with the hassle of stumping up another deposit in 2 years time plus fees. In terms of getting bored I don't see it happening currently Ive got a GTD and if I had to keep it another year it would not bother me. Plus if I want really high end power I can switch my current motorbike to something different.

If worst comes to it I will get an extended guaranty in the 3rd year to cover the 4th.

I like cars. Does anyone else like cars? :cheeky:

No really I like cats.

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
Car arrived yesterday.. What a difference with my mk2 cupra

I'm still getting used to the dsg and the throtle response taking off etc..

Pushed the car last night (moist roads and cold) and puts the power down really nice. Was too concer

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Ive done 4 years as in terms of cost it works the same deposit as over 2 years but the monthly rental works out cheaper. I also don't have to deal with the hassle of stumping up another deposit in 2 years time plus fees. In terms of getting bored I don't see it happening currently Ive got a GTD and if I had to keep it another year it would not bother me. Plus if I want really high end power I can switch my current motorbike to something different.

If worst comes to it I will get an extended guaranty in the 3rd year to cover the 4th.
As I mentioned by me in a previous post, you don’t have to pay a big upfront rental (let’s not call it a deposit in PCH as you don’t ever get it back). You just request a contrary to pay on a 1+X profile - admittedly it’s the same thing overall most of the time, but you never actually need to have a heafty first month to cover.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members