SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Is it possible to update Leon (mines 2014 - MIB1 with NAV) with Ibiza/Arona 8" nav screen 6F0919605A - screen are quite cheap. Does it physically fit?

Tom.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Nope. The resolution on the MIB1 is lower. With the 8" screen you need the MIB2 infortainment unit.
Thanks, yes I understand I would also need the control box/coding/component protection etc.. but just trying to understand if 8" screens and MIB2 boxes from different seat models - like the Ibiza/Arona fit/can be made to work - as they are a lot cheaper on ebay than any Leon 8" MIB2 kit.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Thanks, yes I understand I would also need the control box/coding/component protection etc.. but just trying to understand if 8" screens and MIB2 boxes from different seat models - like the Ibiza/Arona fit/can be made to work - as they are a lot cheaper on ebay than any Leon 8" MIB2 kit.
Also, there is a minimum SW version the MIB2 unit has to be at to work with the 8" screen. Thankfully I'd read about this before going ahead and buying the screen.

Mar 16, 2020
Owner of a Seat Leon Mk3 5F 2020 Model, with the following MIB2 :

SW TRAIN = MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0514T
SW MU = 0514
HARDWARE = H50

Is there a Version List somwewere posted, to check if this is the latest-greatest version?

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
.... or just find the links to the updates, in this post, for free!
Unofficial updates are not recorded in VAG database. In this case, if you go dealer to enable full link, or fix any infotainment problem, delaer will be unable to do it because your sw version will not be matched with databes record. In this case your warranty will be canceled. Downloading a firmware for free from somewhere else is not a solution. Firmware upgrade must be done in official way to keep your warranty void. Otherwise you are taking risk. A lot of people contacted me asking to fix bricked units or to recover lost functions due to unofficially downloaded firmwares. This is not like installing an application from google play store.

SM-N975F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Reactions: RCupra
May 9, 2020
Hi!
Does anyone have the links to update files?

In Spanish forum links don't work and I'm turning crazy looking for them.
Do you have a PDF with links? Please could you give me it?

I'm looking for the 330 and 346 update for H24 unit

Thank you in advance

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Hi!
Does anyone have the links to updates files?

Thank you in advance

Another one looking for free service. Bro do not install firmwares you find somewhere on the internet. You may lose functions or brick your unit. Buy an update service and get “suitable” firmware for your VIN. And also as I reported before, you may have problems when you visit dealer and lose your warranty because the update process will not be recorded in VAG database. Installing firmware is not something like installing freeware softwares on your pc. Lots of people who bricked their unit wrote me here to find a solution but it was too late.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Hi!
Does anyone have the links to update files?

I'm looking for the 330 and 346 update for H24 unit

Thank you in advance

There’s a few places I’ve seen who ‘sell’ these software updates, an eBay Seller based in Poland called ‘servicesvag’ and a website linked in this thread called ‘vagupdate.com’

‘vagupdate.com’ looks a little bit dodgy to me.
The about us page says it’s based on New Jersey USA, has 25 employees with ‘Dr Joseph Miller’ as company owner.
Yet a simple check on its website reveals its based in Istanbul Turkey .

I think it’s not worth trying to update your MIB2 software unless Seat do it for you as part of a service package. Not worth the risk/hassle.

BTW There is a website (that requires €25 payment to register called mhhauto) that has lots of people sharing all latest software........but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it ;)

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
There’s a few places I’ve seen who ‘sell’ these software updates, an eBay Seller based in Poland called ‘servicesvag’ and a website linked in this thread called ‘vagupdate.com’

‘vagupdate.com’ looks a little bit dodgy to me.
The about us page says it’s based on New Jersey USA, has 25 employees with ‘Dr Joseph Miller’ as company owner.
Yet a simple check on its website reveals its based in Istanbul Turkey .

I think it’s not worth trying to update your MIB2 software unless Seat do it for you as part of a service package. Not worth the risk/hassle.

Dealers not performing updates unless you have a problem with the unit and some dealers changing infotainment unit instead of updating it. I used service from the ebay seller and Vagupdate. Both are safe and no problem at all. As I see vagupdate company based in USA but their servers are in turkey. Maybe company owner or IT manager is Turkish I am not sure but who cares unless they deliver services as listed on their website. I suggest both services you can use safely.

Sent from mobile

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise