Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

Apr 28, 2019
this is the one I'm using..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352194322697

in-case anyone's interested this is my project that I'm half way through, just got the sub wired up this weekend actually but only to the OEM head-unit and standard speakers. sorry for the bad picture! if there's any interest I'll start a proper thread on it.

View attachment 12824 View attachment 12823
Wow that’s impressive. Not sure I would get away with mine though... That adapter you linked to looks like it would do the trick, thanks.

Can I just ask, are the iso connections spurred off the quad lock so that you keep the full function of the original headunit speakers etc but have the option to connect in to the iso connectors for additional speakers feeds, ignition live etc?
So all I would really have to do is connect my sub feeds in to the iso connectors?

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
Wow that’s impressive. Not sure I would get away with mine though... That adapter you linked to looks like it would do the trick, thanks.

Can I just ask, are the iso connections spurred off the quad lock so that you keep the full function of the original headunit speakers etc but have the option to connect in to the iso connectors for additional speakers feeds, ignition live etc?
So all I would really have to do is connect my sub feeds in to the iso connectors?

not sure how the ISO connectors are configured, I simply spliced into the wires so I can use the OEM head-unit with my after-market set up.

Reactions: Bruce Robertson

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
That's why I designed it so the factory floor still fits in upper position..
Yeah can see from the photos, but I need it in the upper position. But I do fancy a sub again in the boot (had one in the 280 as part of Seat sound) but so little money and so many mods lol

May 3, 2020
The yellow is your 12v input say from ignition or any 12v switched feed.

Don't do it direct from battery otherwise your converter will always be on and so will your amp/s.....even when you lock and leave the car resulting in dead battery.

The black is a simple earth.

The blue wire is a 12v output. This is your remote wire going to your amp. This automatically turns on the amp as soon as your converter receives a 12v input from the switched ignition....

I would probably tap my ignition 12v (yellow) from the cigerette lighter and just earth the black wire to nearest convenient bolt or screw.
I’ve recently started getting a dead battery so I’m pretty sure I’ve plugged my fuse in the wrong port, as when I open my car it fires the amp up straight away with no ignition, could you tell me where else I could plug the fuse as I use the cigarette lighter as I’ve converted it to a usb charging port lol... thanks

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
I’ve recently started getting a dead battery so I’m pretty sure I’ve plugged my fuse in the wrong port, as when I open my car it fires the amp up straight away with no ignition, could you tell me where else I could plug the fuse as I use the cigarette lighter as I’ve converted it to a usb charging port lol... thanks

amp firing up when door open is normal, it should turn off after a few moments, this is just DC being picked up from radio as a door or boot is opened.

cigarette lighter should be active when ignition is on, this can be changed by moving fuse #40 so it's in line with other fuses, this makes it permanent live.

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
A quick question for those that have used a hi lo converter to add an aftermarket amp and subwoofer. Do you tap into the rear speakers so they still play or remove the connection for the rear speakers so they no longer play music?

The reason I ask, I have only seen a hi lo converter used once years ago (20 +) when it tapped into the rear speakers and overloaded the stereos amp chip. Obviously I don't want to do this
I'm looking to add a 2000 watt amp and a pair of 12" dvc subs running at 2 ohms

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

May 4, 2021
Can anyone tell me we’re is ground and remote turn on on the unit in glove box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 5, 2020
this is the one I'm using..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352194322697

in-case anyone's interested this is my project that I'm half way through, just got the sub wired up this weekend actually but only to the OEM head-unit and standard speakers. sorry for the bad picture! if there's any interest I'll start a proper thread on it.

View attachment 12824 View attachment 12823
Hi Marko70. Apologies for bringing up an old thread. I've been reading through ways of adding a subwoofer and amp into my Leon ST and saw the link you put for the ISO harness to tap into for speaker level outputs to connect to the amp without damaging the original cables. Does the ISO harness work as normal keeping all original functionality of the headunit/screen, like Bluetooth, microphone, nav etc? All I simply want to do is tap into the the front and rear speaker cables for a high to low level converter and keep everything else as it is

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
Hi Marko70. Apologies for bringing up an old thread. I've been reading through ways of adding a subwoofer and amp into my Leon ST and saw the link you put for the ISO harness to tap into for speaker level outputs to connect to the amp without damaging the original cables. Does the ISO harness work as normal keeping all original functionality of the headunit/screen, like Bluetooth, microphone, nav etc? All I simply want to do is tap into the the front and rear speaker cables for a high to low level converter and keep everything else as it is
yes, everything else works as normal, all you're doing is taking a signal from speaker wiring.

Sep 8, 2022
Hi all , it's been a while since I wired a sub. I'm using the original head unit and I've sort of figured out where to wire most things in . Just don't know where to put my remote wire . Can anyone help?

Dec 5, 2020
Hi all , it's been a while since I wired a sub. I'm using the original head unit and I've sort of figured out where to wire most things in . Just don't know where to put my remote wire . Can anyone help?
Hi ross8469,

So I've recently added a sub and amp to my Leon. I used a vibe high to low level converter which you connect to the positive and negative feed of the infotainment unit in the glove box. The converter provides a remote wire which connects to the amplifier with extended wire. Turns on and off as it should with no battery drain.

Sep 8, 2022
Hi ross8469,

So I've recently added a sub and amp to my Leon. I used a vibe high to low level converter which you connect to the positive and negative feed of the infotainment unit in the glove box. The converter provides a remote wire which connects to the amplifier with extended wire. Turns on and off as it should with no battery drain.

This looks good , only problem is all I have in the glove box is an aux and usb. Is this what you mean

Dec 5, 2020

Attachments

• uZgZICG.jpg
    uZgZICG.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 57
Dec 5, 2020
You should have the media unit in the glove box at the top which is what powers and provides all the information on the screen. Also this where all the power and speaker cables will plug into via an ISO cable. This does depend on what model of Leon you have and if you have Navigation

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.