what have you done to your car today ?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
In preparation of an impending suspension change I spent a bit of time building the front suspension up. Should hopefully save some time come fitting.
a243e145f578fd42d54715112755b507.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nice bird house

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Changed my droplinks to JOM ones, finishing off my arb conversion to the LCR set up. steering feels nice and light now which is an added bonus.
8c2609aa7470913137933fcea8cee0de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cuppyjoe

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Good work mate, you sure do like a long fully laden drive don't you.
That little Opel / Vauxhall thing was absolutely ram packed when you came to me as well haha

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Good work mate, you sure do like a long fully laden drive don't you.
That little Opel / Vauxhall thing was absolutely ram packed when you came to me as well haha

Thanks bud! Haha yes I do! Always trying to make the most out of my visits to London! I even swapped my **** 17“ TT wheels for some nice 18‘s with the breaker!

a66a3149c93f507313ea3775b1295ab8.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Sanded back the bit around the door strike plate to repair the rust and respray. Never sprayed anything in my life but it's been a good learning experience. Treated with Bilt Hamber Deox before priming and spraying base coat. It looked really clean but once I put the lacquer on, it did look a bit more messy - mainly because the space is really hard to get even coverage in - lots of right angles and nooks and crannies.

I'll cut and polish tomorrow though, and it's out of sight, so the important thing is just sealing it with paint.

Went to treat a few spots of lacquer peel and the paint is waffer fin everywhere. It's peeling where I had a crash repair nearly ten years ago, and it's like they just gave it one coat before pushing it out the door. Really shoddy work. No wonder they went bust.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Some days I just want to give up with this car.

Changing the brake fluid and have done the rears, but after trying for ages to get the wheel nuts off, I've now found that the brake bleed bolt is totally rounded. I've tried putting a smaller spanner on it and it's not having that either.

Any tips before I roll the car off a cliff?

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Some days I just want to give up with this car.

Changing the brake fluid and have done the rears, but after trying for ages to get the wheel nuts off, I've now found that the brake bleed bolt is totally rounded. I've tried putting a smaller spanner on it and it's not having that either.

Any tips before I roll the car off a cliff?
Get out!

• Haha
Reactions: Rich.T and DarrenGI

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I'm going to get some new bleed nipples before I try to get the old ones out.

I tried the other side and the offside front was seized too, so I'm not going to try and force it until I have a better way of getting it out.

Put everything back together with only the rears bled and now the pedal goes to the floor and I don't get any brakes unless I pump it, so I'm just fed up.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
9d8daeb4a4bf8b1fcc926bcb36409fe8.jpg

It was probably time.

I've ordered some new bleed nipples and am picking up some mole grips tomorrow. It's just a shame when it should be a straightforward job, but when you get the wheels off, it's always a different story.

I'm pretty sure I've just got air in the system, but will give it as much of a proper flush as I can, as there's probably air in there too. When you pump the brakes it builds pressure, so I'm guessing that's the case.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Best to use a vacuum or eezibleed bleeder for these brakes

I was using the Eezibleed, but it took a little getting used to. The schrader valve that went on the spare was always leaking air, and halfway through doing the offside rear, I saw that there was fluid coming through the cap on the reservoir. I tightened it up but by that point I'd got into that problem with the bleed nipples on the front.

Do you sit the house in an inch or so of fluid on the bleed side? I've read a few people saying it stops air getting into the system when you close the nipple.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I just close the bleed nipples once there is no air bubbles present

The loss of pressure must just be something to do with me not finishing the job then. I can't find any leaks but it's hard to tell when you can't see much of the reservoir.