what have you done to your car today ?

Nizza

May 17, 2019
You reckon the same would apply to me? I have a TT arb and standard drop links, but I eyed them up the other day and I have a feeling the TT drop links will be too long. Havnt had a chance to measure them yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More than welcome to try them dude.

Think it was the 3 deg extra castor that put my driveshaft further forward into that space envelope but its possible.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Rich76

Dec 22, 2019
Oh I thought they were kingpins, what's the difference?

Agreed on the oil. I could drive from Bristol to Hammersmith where I had to park up, leave it for the day to cool, then fill it back up again to go home. 1300 estate in that tasteful "sandglow beige" and kept popping the head gasket between 2 and 3. My first car :rolleyes:
Kingpins use a plain bush, which is ok if clean and well greased. The Marina ( and Morris 1000) trunnions were like a large bolt and nut, the suspension leg screwed into a thread inside the trunnion. Apart from seizing up as you say, when the threads were really worn the trunnion ( with the bottom suspension arm attached to it) could fall off the leg on a bumpy road. Not good!

Reactions: Maria and Manic172

Maria

my mid-life crisis car
Jun 22, 2016
South-West
Kingpins use a plain bush, which is ok if clean and well greased. The Marina ( and Morris 1000) trunnions were like a large bolt and nut, the suspension leg screwed into a thread inside the trunnion. Apart from seizing up as you say, when the threads were really worn the trunnion ( with the bottom suspension arm attached to it) could fall off the leg on a bumpy road. Not good!
I never knew that, thank you. Well I did know they would eventually fall off because I met someone it happened to, he said as they usually did just coming off the motorway, But as he was 300 yards form home he claims he reversed, leaving the score marks in the tarmac. We drove half way to Loughborough from Bristol and all the way back on 2 cylinders the first time the head popped so you never know.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Took me an age to replace my pads when I thought it would be a quick job. The car is relatively new to me and whoever refurbed the brake calipers 3 years back got paint everywhere and then whoever fitted pads clearly hammered them in as they would not budge on the inner side. Spent an age with the file and some emery paper getting the shims on the caliper removed of all the paint for a nice smooth surface. Pads slid in nicely after. Note to self don't try and rush a job you think will only take an hour before work
de61bd545606cc6fa1c303d55fab6275.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Well I had a nice 190mile round trip from up north to cannock, all for a set of leather door cards which look smart now in just need to put some leather cream on to give them a shine, 60 notes so happy just a long day bloke called me mad twice for going just for door cards.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Well I had a nice 190mile round trip from up north to cannock, all for a set of leather door cards which look smart now in just need to put some leather cream on to give them a shine, 60 notes so happy just a long day bloke called me mad twice for going just for door cards.

I don’t blame you hard to find them leather door cards

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Nah not mad, committed is the word! Nice day for a drive anyway. ?

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
I don’t blame you hard to find them leather door cards

I told him that as well he must get them regular as he brakes them cos 60 notes i thought was more than fair, would have paid more but he was a source lad indeed.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Marked and drilled the holes for my front strut brace. Then dabbed paint over the bare metal.
Hope to fit it tomorrow or Saturday.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
60 quid.....60 bludy quid... I put the whole lot on eBay.. 4 door cards front seats and electric and rear seats. All black leather good condition.. And it was on eBay for a week and sold for a grand sum of £5 yep that's it the whole lot for a 5er

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
60 quid.....60 bludy quid... I put the whole lot on eBay.. 4 door cards front seats and electric and rear seats. All black leather good condition.. And it was on eBay for a week and sold for a grand sum of £5 yep that's it the whole lot for a 5er
No way someone won the car lottery there then, you just can't find them id well have been on them just for door cards alone as I have the cupra r Recaros front an rear in mine so just wanted nice door trims, thats a bargain, feel for you on that price.

Reactions: Manic172

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020

Story of my life i think.

Buy high, sell low lol

Reactions: Manic172

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
has to call out AA as car wouldn’t start, after an hour still no joy so it’s being towed home and I’m in a taxi

tanto

Oct 16, 2016
new timing belt water pump idler and tensioner done just in time old belt was showing small cracks

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
new timing belt water pump idler and tensioner done just in time old belt was showing small cracks
Sometimes the expensive invisible things need to be replaced. Had the same with mine at the end of last month, almost cost more than the cars worth

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.