what have you done to your car today ?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Oh and on a side note. I took my rear wheel off. Laughed so hard at the polos. How do they even stop the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do a 300mm up grade... should help a Little
20200919_175134.jpg

Reactions: Sl1ced and Rich.T

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
That's good enough for me. A couple of threads I came across suggested that the Cupras had smaller diameter ARBs because of some kind of passive suspension setup or something... I guess given the fact my car's a hefty boi, it needs a hefty bar to go with it.

I found some of the SuperPro bushes on eBay from someone who'd bought the wrong size and had clearly been trying to shift them there since June. Just put in an offer and got them for £11 posted.

Think you will need the bushes a couple of mm smaller than the arb iirc

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Think you will need the bushes a couple of mm smaller than the arb iirc

Why would he want them smaller than the bar, that'll just make them ridiculously difficult to fit.
My 20mm Superpro bushes were spot on after measuring the TT ARB with a vernier caliper and only needed a small squeeze to get the cap and bolt in place.
Certainly no excess play or movement present.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
8f90bd353cb5e77975fcd523d511c59a.jpg

Who would have thought a wiper mod could make someone so angry?

It would be nice if I could just repair the cap, but I'm guessing that's not an option. I did this about ten years ago, so can't remember which one it is, but it's definitely not as long as some of the wiper conversions I've seen. Any ideas which Skoda this is from?

a5c559902566b76d469e5d9be6d7a334.jpg

For the ARB bushes, I just went with the SuperPro ones that I found cheap on eBay, and those were the 23mm ones. I have heard of people using different sizes and sizing down, but for £11 I can't really lose out.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Speaking of which the one on my current mk5 daily pinged off unexpectedly a few days ago as it happens

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Im pretty sure that's a mk5 Golf rear wiper arm.

If it is, I can even get replacement caps so I don't have to replace the whole thing. Looks like it might not be such a bad day after all.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
If it's just the cap you need i may have my old one somewhere as I stuck a spare Fabia rear arm on in its place.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Thanks both - I totally forgot in my eagerness to go and buy one that there are some really good people on this forum. I ordered one off eBay that claims it's the right one, but if it doesn't work, I'll be sure to drop you a message.

Reactions: Thai-wronghorse

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
8f90bd353cb5e77975fcd523d511c59a.jpg

Who would have thought a wiper mod could make someone so angry?

It would be nice if I could just repair the cap, but I'm guessing that's not an option. I did this about ten years ago, so can't remember which one it is, but it's definitely not as long as some of the wiper conversions I've seen. Any ideas which Skoda this is from?

a5c559902566b76d469e5d9be6d7a334.jpg

For the ARB bushes, I just went with the SuperPro ones that I found cheap on eBay, and those were the 23mm ones. I have heard of people using different sizes and sizing down, but for £11 I can't really lose out.

got the SKODA FABIA conversion think that's the FABIA 2 conversion not 100%

example

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
got the SKODA FABIA conversion think that's the FABIA 2 conversion not 100%

example

Yes - that's the one. It looks like they used that wiper across the range - they just gave the Leon that horrible spidery looking one for some reason.

I've seen other people with a wiper arm that covers the entire length of the blade - never actually liked that one myself.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
So started fitting my exhaust. All going well. Decided to take a break from that to try to fix my boot lock, sounds like someone grabbed it by the balls. Would appear the motor is going overdrive will attach video in two secs

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Also finished fitting the exhaust. Started it up..... blow coming I’m guessing from the flexi, so the down pipe and cat can go back on tomorrow haha

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Yes - that's the one. It looks like they used that wiper across the range - they just gave the Leon that horrible spidery looking one for some reason.

I've seen other people with a wiper arm that covers the entire length of the blade - never actually liked that one myself.

that's the one i have the SKODA FABIA conversion its better than the standard, pitty there is no aero type like ones i put on the front

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.