what have you done to your car today ?

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Also mate arb bushes are a half hour job at most. One of the easier things I’ve done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
This is how my clutch pedal feels...... but the biting point is really low and I have no slip, I know nothing about the hydraulics on these cars

The trouble is that Google tells me there are loads of things it could be - from air still in the system, to a master cylinder that needs replacing, to a split vacuum line. It just seems odd that if I push the pedal a second time, it's firm like it should be, but a few seconds later I'll have to pump it again to get it hard (that's what she said).

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
The trouble is that Google tells me there are loads of things it could be - from air still in the system, to a master cylinder that needs replacing, to a split vacuum line. It just seems odd that if I push the pedal a second time, it's firm like it should be, but a few seconds later I'll have to pump it again to get it hard (that's what she said).

My brakes do this by the way and they’re fine, second pump is always harder (oi oi) I got rid of all the brake vacuum stuff though so i thought I’d experience that more now I have no vacuum to help the brakes. Still fine though, aside from them behind pretty pathetic to start with in terms of braking power lol

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
My brakes do this by the way and they’re fine, second pump is always harder (oi oi) I got rid of all the brake vacuum stuff though so i thought I’d experience that more now I have no vacuum to help the brakes. Still fine though, aside from them behind pretty pathetic to start with in terms of braking power lol

What's it like on the road? I've not done a road test so don't know whether the braking will be improved when the revs are higher, but are you finding as you're driving that you have to double pump the brakes as you're going along?

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Picked up a mig welder, then on the way back Eml came on. Threw 17704(error in mapped cooling system) now it’s got a brand new coolant temp sensor, maybe the thermostat?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
This is what Ross Tech say about that error
17704/P1296/004758 - Error in Mapped Cooling System
Possible Symptoms
  • Cold start issues
Possible Causes
  • Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62) faulty
  • Coolant Thermostat faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62)
  • Check Coolant Thermostat

Reactions: Sl1ced

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
If it’s soft on the first push and then good on the second you still have a bit off air in somewhere

Did most off the air come out when the piston was getting to be all the way home ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
If it’s soft on the first push and then good on the second you still have a bit off air in somewhere

Did most off the air come out when the piston was getting to be all the way home ?

Yes - when the piston was almost all the way home it was still bubbling. Given the number of bubbles and the amount it was bubbling - the bottle I was using to create an airlock was bubbling like it would if you were blowing with a straw - I felt like there was still some air that could have come out. To be honest I don't know why I didn't just jump in the car, pump the brake to reset the caliper and then do it again.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
This is what Ross Tech say about that error
17704/P1296/004758 - Error in Mapped Cooling System
Possible Symptoms
  • Cold start issues
Possible Causes
  • Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62) faulty
  • Coolant Thermostat faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62)
  • Check Coolant Thermostat

Yeah went straight on there and checked it. Like I say fresh temp sensor so thermostat is next

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Don't even talk to me about the bleeding friggin brakes!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The worst job I've ever had to do on this car. The way people talk about it, you think it's going to be so bloody easy, and it's been the biggest source of frustration of any job I've had to do.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Had to do a puncture repair went to warm the car up just before locking up and noticed I had a flat so pulled two vans out off the work shop and sorted my puncture out

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
What's it like on the road? I've not done a road test so don't know whether the braking will be improved when the revs are higher, but are you finding as you're driving that you have to double pump the brakes as you're going along?

hmmm, I will just say that if I need to stop or slow in a proper hurry I do not need to pump the pedal to do so. Other than that I have nowt to report

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The worst job I've ever had to do on this car. The way people talk about it, you think it's going to be so bloody easy, and it's been the biggest source of frustration of any job I've had to do.
Likewise and I've basically rebuilt the entire car.
They really are an absolute arsehole to do.

British_Grapher

May 27, 2020
Plasti-dipped the chrome grille, left the logo chrome for now to leave a bit of contrast, maybe I'll do the bottom of the bumper instead of a splitter, my new alloys are coming soon which are gun metal grey so should be a nice balance with the colour the car is, I've currently got seats fat 5s on and they're awful IMO. Also added the red round the lights.

Attachments

• 129000340_3917282518316013_3856599343957008742_n.jpg
    129000340_3917282518316013_3856599343957008742_n.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Rich.T

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Likewise and I've basically rebuilt the entire car.
They really are an absolute arsehole to do.

I mean, how do you even design a brake caliper that traps the air in it that you're trying to bleed out of it?

And oh, what's that? You want to bleed your master cylinder? You'd better remove your boost pipe, and even then you'll still graze your knuckles trying to get access. Then you'll need a really long bit of tubing to avoid tipping fluid all over your engine bay, but that doesn't matter because when you take the hose off the bleed nipple it'll pour down the side of the master cylinder anyway.

Worst of all, you can't take it to a garage or even two different garages because they won't be able to fix it and will just try to sell you a new master cylinder instead.

I'm telling you, by the time I get this sorted it'll be time to change the fluid again.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Plasti-dipped the chrome grille, left the logo chrome for now to leave a bit of contrast, maybe I'll do the bottom of the bumper instead of a splitter, my new alloys are coming soon which are gun metal grey so should be a nice balance with the colour the car is, I've currently got seats fat 5s on and they're awful IMO. Also added the red round the lights.

That’s delicious mate

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Try my way it does work and it’s easy todo and the feel you get from the pedal will make glad you did it the right way

I intend to when I get the opportunity, hopefully next week fingers crossed

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.