what have you done to your car today ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I just sprayed some of that expanding foam stuff in there. That'll do the trick, maybe with a little WD-40?

I'm looking forward to getting the Floflex ones in there - I'm probably going to order ARB bushes too and maybe even the wishbone bushes. I don't know whether Floflex have those though.

Can't forget my dogbone bush either.

I had the wheels off because I was going to take the calipers off to try compressing the pistons, but it turned out I didn't have a 15mm spanner for the rear carriers and I didn't have my 7mm allen bit for the fonts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Door module so the bloody thing locks!

Attachments

• 95810A6A-7851-4182-89EE-E74956070D51.jpeg
    95810A6A-7851-4182-89EE-E74956070D51.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 83

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
While we're talking about rear beam bushes, I'm going to replace my bolts when I put the new bushes in - does anyone have a part number for a set, or an eBay link etc.?

While I'm at it, if I'm going to replace my ARB bush, I'm getting about four different sizes from various sites - what size do I need for a 1.9tdi FR 150?

Rich76

Dec 22, 2019
One of the rear wheels was sticking a little, so I thought I would take the pads out and clean everything up. OK so made a late start because I decided to take the car for a blast around first on such a nice day. It seemed like such an easy job once I found that the handbrake adjustment was behind the rear ashtray. Well it would have been except that one of the slider bolts was seized, really seized. I ended up getting the oxy acetylene gear out and eventually got it off. For a long time I was sure that either it wouldn't come off or I would melt something, meaning a new caliper needed. I suppose I should check the other side sometime.......

Reactions: Sl1ced

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
While we're talking about rear beam bushes, I'm going to replace my bolts when I put the new bushes in - does anyone have a part number for a set, or an eBay link etc.?

While I'm at it, if I'm going to replace my ARB bush, I'm getting about four different sizes from various sites - what size do I need for a 1.9tdi FR 150?

I used euro car parts as they gave me bushes by reg. then you find out the sizes and can shop about

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I used euro car parts as they gave me bushes by reg. then you find out the sizes and can shop about

That's what I was hoping for, but they gave me two different sizes and one of those was different from the three versions Powerflex have on their website - so four sizes and still no clearer!

I'll have to have a look at one of the other sites and see if they give me something more specific...

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
That's what I was hoping for, but they gave me two different sizes and one of those was different from the three versions Powerflex have on their website - so four sizes and still no clearer!

I'll have to have a look at one of the other sites and see if they give me something more specific...

Easiest thing to do is to measure your ARB diameter. Only takes a min and you have definitive proof then. I went down 1mm less than the bar diameter with my poly bushes, and I made sure the ARB had no collars or left over gubbins like I’ve seen many people mentioned. Plenty of that disgustingly sticky grease on all contact points and you’re done. Although get some longer bolts for you clamps otherwise enjoy hulking out trying to lever it close enough to catch the threads.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Easiest thing to do is to measure your ARB diameter. Only takes a min and you have definitive proof then. I went down 1mm less than the bar diameter with my poly bushes, and I made sure the ARB had no collars or left over gubbins like I’ve seen many people mentioned. Plenty of that disgustingly sticky grease on all contact points and you’re done. Although get some longer bolts for you clamps otherwise enjoy hulking out trying to lever it close enough to catch the threads.

I thought that might be the case. It would be straightforward for any normal person, but I live one week at my girlfriend's house and one week at mine and, of course, my vernier calipers are at the girlfriend's house. I've already had to go up there twice this week for my torque wrench, allen bits and drill.

Where did you get your bushes from? Did they make much of a difference (other than stopping your ARB from clanking)? I don't mind spending the money, but I'd want to see some performance advantage giving the poly ones are around ten times more expensive than the rubber ones, and I don't see myself changing the rubber ones ten times, if you know what I mean...

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I thought that might be the case. It would be straightforward for any normal person, but I live one week at my girlfriend's house and one week at mine and, of course, my vernier calipers are at the girlfriend's house. I've already had to go up there twice this week for my torque wrench, allen bits and drill.

Where did you get your bushes from? Did they make much of a difference (other than stopping your ARB from clanking)? I don't mind spending the money, but I'd want to see some performance advantage giving the poly ones are around ten times more expensive than the rubber ones, and I don't see myself changing the rubber ones ten times, if you know what I mean...

I had poly on my focus and I hated them. Just didn’t feel good a bit too rigid for my liking

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Cheap poly bushes are sh!t and not worth bothering with.
Personally I only use Superpro poly bushes and I'm a fussy b@stard over noise, vibration & harshness.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Sl1ced

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

I got mine from ebay, Superpro on the ARB as they were cheaper than powerflex and had way more sizes. think mine are probably a TT size as i have a TT ARB. I can say that however minor improvement it was noticeable and well worth it. Felt a bit firmer on the turn in. Not harsh or anything.

So far the only poly bush thats made the ride worse is the powerflex top mounts, they are so f@cking noisy and lumpy, but oh well.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I got mine from ebay, Superpro on the ARB as they were cheaper than powerflex and had way more sizes. think mine are probably a TT size as i have a TT ARB. I can say that however minor improvement it was noticeable and well worth it. Felt a bit firmer on the turn in. Not harsh or anything.

So far the only poly bush thats made the ride worse is the powerflex top mounts, they are so f@cking noisy and lumpy, but oh well.

I had flex ones on the focus. Lumpy and noisy. Not for me

Reactions: Connor H

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Finally had all my tools in one place to be able to try and bleed the last little bits of air out of my new caliper. Followed @Yellow fr 's advice and lots of air came out of the nearside rear, but after doing the other calipers and pumping the pedal to let the pistons adjust, the pedal will feel soft on the first push, but then hard on the second.

At the moment, I'm probably just going to go out and do the same again tomorrow - remove the caliper and wind it back with the bleed nipple open - to see if I can get more air out, but it's always handy to check to see if anyone's had the same problem and knows what it is.

Finally saw where my ARB bushes are when I had the front wheel off. That's going to be fun...

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Finally had all my tools in one place to be able to try and bleed the last little bits of air out of my new caliper. Followed @Yellow fr 's advice and lots of air came out of the nearside rear, but after doing the other calipers and pumping the pedal to let the pistons adjust, the pedal will feel soft on the first push, but then hard on the second.

At the moment, I'm probably just going to go out and do the same again tomorrow - remove the caliper and wind it back with the bleed nipple open - to see if I can get more air out, but it's always handy to check to see if anyone's had the same problem and knows what it is.

Finally saw where my ARB bushes are when I had the front wheel off. That's going to be fun...

This is how my clutch pedal feels...... but the biting point is really low and I have no slip, I know nothing about the hydraulics on these cars

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise