SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

Gingerflame

Yesterday at 6:02 PM
Steve J said:
Only negative of these retrofits is if Seat plug into the car and do a SVM update it'll notice that the configuration mismatches with the factory held data and reset any retrofits. Just something to make sure Seat don't do if you use the dealership in future :)
If any cars we work on are affected by the Monkeys at the local dealership then we'll reflash/activate as necessary free of charge :)

When I had my last service done (December 2019) the dealer was going to do an update to my MIB2 High unit, I told them not to as I had had the unit 'hacked', I think the update was called '91U4' but I didn't get a proper look at the paperwork he showed me.
Just have to make sure that they don't do it when I get a service later this month.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
When I had my last service done (December 2019) the dealer was going to do an update to my MIB2 High unit, I told them not to as I had had the unit 'hacked', I think the update was called '91U4' but I didn't get a proper look at the paperwork he showed me.
Just have to make sure that they don't do it when I get a service later this month.

They are suppose to check before they do updates. One use to get me to sign for it when I dropped the car off. It's the FeC adjustments by a retrofitter or a user via stuff off the net that would lead to issues. I don't reckon a standard firmware update if you had the original FeCs would be an issue. I was warned by the retrofitter that after having the navigation FeCs adjusted I would not be able to update the firmware (read as personally). Something you have to keep an eye out for.

As mib2 matures (Like they stop development on it) the chances of being offered any update to fix a problem by a dealer becomes more remote :ROFLMAO: . My dealer knows the software has been modded made no secret of that. With fixed price servicing they don't look for work.

pezzyuk

Jan 15, 2021
Hi All,

Good to be apart of the Forum, just wanted to pick your brains I have a small issue that i was hoping some of you may have ran into yourselves. i have a 2015 Leon FR 1.4 and when i stream my phone from my Deezer application it will connect and play through the car but i cannot for the life of me get it to list the track/artist and i cannot skip tracks either.

Do you have any ideas, i have tried to dismiss permissions within the app and forget connectivity this made no difference any addition help would be very much appreciated.

Not sure if a firmware update is needed or what it has shown the tracks and allowed me to skip on one occasion when I tested using Spotify first then opened Deezer and hey presto it worked on Deezer, since then I have not managed to get this to work again very odd....

Cheers.

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
Hi, would someone know if mine needs an update, I was hoping they would have done all updates as I just had an engine fitted, but they probably didn't knowing my luck

Part No 5QA0358558A
Hardware H30
Software 0351
Nav Database 6P0919866H

I hope this is enough info

I take it from the comments it is quite easy to do the updates, just need OBDeleven or VCDS to clear any codes?

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
Hi Guys I have the car for a month now and I have already updated the maps at the latest version I have found at the Seat page. Can anyone let me know if there is a Firmware update for my infotainment system? If I have understand it correctly I have the H54 with 1162 is there any newer and if so can anyone let me know whats new about it?

148305700_484074492986022_4815737969805946317_n.jpg

Tell

Staff member
Hi Guys I have the car for a month now and I have already updated the maps at the latest version I have found at the Seat page. Can anyone let me know if there is a Firmware update for my infotainment system? If I have understand it correctly I have the H54 with 1162 is there any newer and if so can anyone let me know whats new about it?

View attachment 21858

As far as map updates 189 is the latest release if your navigation FeCs allow

As for firmware updates I believe 1409 may be the latest. It is for my mib2 high. Obdeleven reports from its database of users what its seeing. Not sure for specific hardware model. Mine is an H50. Obdeleven screen attached. I'm not a firmware expert 😂. I reckon mib2 high will top out at that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-134920.png
    Screenshot_20210210-134920.png
    317.3 KB · Views: 235

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
As far as map updates 189 is the latest release if your navigation FeCs allow

As for firmware updates I believe 1409 may be the latest. It is for my mib2 high. Obdeleven reports from its database of users what its seeing. Not sure for specific hardware model. Mine is an H50. Obdeleven screen attached. I'm not a firmware expert 😂. I reckon mib2 high will top out at that.

First of all thanks for the quick reply!

As far as maps I have downloaded and updated at 15/01/21 and it was the latest then... I am downloading the new one now. You are right it is the 189 now available.

Can you do Firmware updates through Obdeleven? I was thinking of buying it to play with it but didnt know you can do firmware updates too!

Also what is mib2 high? As I said I own the car for 1 month and I dont know much about these kind of things :p I
I have the navi system plus is that what you are refering as high?

Tell

Staff member
First of all thanks for the quick reply!

As far as maps I have downloaded and updated at 15/01/21 and it was the latest then... I am downloading the new one now. You are right it is the 189 now available.

Can you do Firmware updates through Obdeleven? I was thinking of buying it to play with it but didnt know you can do firmware updates too!

Also what is mib2 high? As I said I own the car for 1 month and I dont know much about these kind of things :p I
I have the navi system plus is that what you are refering as high?

Obdeleven as far as I'm aware just gives you a heads up on the relative firmware releases being used. Added bonus but you dont use it for that.

I would check your navigation FeCs before you do the update to insure you can do 189 in relation to Mapcare. The navigation FeC decode table I did:

Yes the mib2 high is the Seat Navigation Plus it's their name for them. I call it by its generic VAG name.

There are posted firmware files on the thread but I am not an expert on that. I bow to others on that.

Reactions: Billys_CupraST300

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
Obdeleven as far as I'm aware just gives you a heads up on the relative firmware releases being used. Added bonus but you dont use it for that.

I would check your navigation FeCs before you do the update to insure you can do 189 in relation to Mapcare. The navigation FeC decode table I did:

Yes the mib2 high is the Seat Navigation Plus it's their name for them. I call it by its generic VAG name.

There are posted firmware files on the thread but I am not an expert on that. I bow to others on that.
Thank you very much mate! It is all Chinese to me right now but I am starting to understand how the whole thing is working! I am located in Germany the car I bought was with mapcare which is expired at 3 years (1 month before I bought it) so I will do the search to see the FEC and will move on. I had the 176 1 month ago installed and didnt know any of these! I think I got a little bit lucky with it :D

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Thank you very much mate! It is all Chinese to me right now but I am starting to understand how the whole thing is working! I am located in Germany the car I bought was with mapcare which is expired at 3 years (1 month before I bought it) so I will do the search to see the FEC and will move on. I had the 176 1 month ago installed and didnt know any of these! I think I got a little bit lucky with it :D

Have a look at these guys, they sell the relevant firmware updates for our head units and tells you how to check which version you require. Bought mine from them and updated with no issues. Touchscreen response improved a bit for me.

Reactions: Billys_CupraST300

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany

Just checked my and the 73 ends with 26 which Shows November 2020. That means that the Version i currently have installed is the latest i can update right?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.