SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Tell

Staff member
It depends how good your retrofitters are :rolleyes:, the ones that use to be in Croydon (not you) would leave the unit with an SVM error after work on a high unit, you could get rid of it with the normal method after repeatedly applying the fix but returns after a map update which it seems to deem as a variation in software, that's using the backend. Possibly / probably that they didn't do the original work as they should have done or using the backend (Swdl). Given that it pops up again after a map update through the backend I don't bother to correct it now, it doesn't upset the garage. Safety in numbers with all those standard units showing an SVM that have used the "workaround" in map updates. The work around generated ones are more pesky to get rid of. Don't bother with those now. Safety in numbers :ROFLMAO:.

I expect now things have moved on a bit modding the standard navigation FeC is regular work for a retrofitter so the workaround isnt required and you dont get the SVMs errors using that method if you choose that route. I've seen on German boards the debate of how important or not it is to clear SVMs that originated from the standard workaround now the method has gone global. Made an interesting read, German precision verses pragmatism, conclusion pragmatism. Go for pragmatism myself on SVMs these days the world won't crash in on you if you have an SVM error although it's nice not to have them in the first place.

Ps welcome aboard.

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

Gingerflame

Yesterday at 6:02 PM
Steve J said:
Only negative of these retrofits is if Seat plug into the car and do a SVM update it'll notice that the configuration mismatches with the factory held data and reset any retrofits. Just something to make sure Seat don't do if you use the dealership in future :)
If any cars we work on are affected by the Monkeys at the local dealership then we'll reflash/activate as necessary free of charge :)

When I had my last service done (December 2019) the dealer was going to do an update to my MIB2 High unit, I told them not to as I had had the unit 'hacked', I think the update was called '91U4' but I didn't get a proper look at the paperwork he showed me.
Just have to make sure that they don't do it when I get a service later this month.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
When I had my last service done (December 2019) the dealer was going to do an update to my MIB2 High unit, I told them not to as I had had the unit 'hacked', I think the update was called '91U4' but I didn't get a proper look at the paperwork he showed me.
Just have to make sure that they don't do it when I get a service later this month.
They are suppose to check before they do updates. One use to get me to sign for it when I dropped the car off. It's the FeC adjustments by a retrofitter or a user via stuff off the net that would lead to issues. I don't reckon a standard firmware update if you had the original FeCs would be an issue. I was warned by the retrofitter that after having the navigation FeCs adjusted I would not be able to update the firmware (read as personally). Something you have to keep an eye out for.

As mib2 matures (Like they stop development on it) the chances of being offered any update to fix a problem by a dealer becomes more remote :ROFLMAO: . My dealer knows the software has been modded made no secret of that. With fixed price servicing they don't look for work.

Jan 15, 2021
Hi All,

Good to be apart of the Forum, just wanted to pick your brains I have a small issue that i was hoping some of you may have ran into yourselves. i have a 2015 Leon FR 1.4 and when i stream my phone from my Deezer application it will connect and play through the car but i cannot for the life of me get it to list the track/artist and i cannot skip tracks either.

Do you have any ideas, i have tried to dismiss permissions within the app and forget connectivity this made no difference any addition help would be very much appreciated.

Not sure if a firmware update is needed or what it has shown the tracks and allowed me to skip on one occasion when I tested using Spotify first then opened Deezer and hey presto it worked on Deezer, since then I have not managed to get this to work again very odd....

Cheers.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.