cupra connect ?

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
ok so signed up for cupra connect on the infotainment system on the new car today but not really sure I need it for anything ,what are peoples thoughts on this is it worth having or should I deactivate it, what are the perks if any. my main use on the infotainment system will me android auto and waze and maybe google map. oh almost forgot is there a cost to this as it never came up with one.

gregh

Jul 18, 2021
ok so signed up for cupra connect on the infotainment system on the new car today but not really sure I need it for anything ,what are peoples thoughts on this is it worth having or should I deactivate it, what are the perks if any. my main use on the infotainment system will me android auto and waze and maybe google map. oh almost forgot is there a cost to this as it never came up with one.
It's mainly for remote access from what I can tell. I think the cost is after 1 year for the esim data.

There's a cupra connect app, tells your ask the car stats, remote heating/cooling, unlock and locking etc

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ninja_geezer

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
It's mainly for remote access from what I can tell. I think the cost is after 1 year for the esim data.

There's a cupra connect app, tells your ask the car stats, remote heating/cooling, unlock and locking etc

if thats the case its a waste of time for me .i will see what others think as well,cheers.

ElBrillante

Nov 8, 2018
Estepona, Spain
www.youtube.com
Here at least, Cupra Connect allows you access to the car via an app/website where you can check the status of the car, including lock/unlock (when authorised correctly via the dealer), where it's parked, speeding notification, driving data and a map where you can prepare journeys in advance for example, traffic and map updates. It does not include a data plan for the eSim and only lasts for one year. If you don't sign-up for a data plan you must connect to your phones hotspot if you want Internet radio/Apple Music/Tidal/Alexa via the infotainment system. It is free for 12 months, 139€ a year after that

I must admit this whole part of the car was probably the most baffling with seemingly no-one really having a clue what did what, how or why.

Reactions: Hizzards

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
I initially set mine up so the car would connect to my phone's hot spot automatically when I started it so you don't need the data plan in the car for all the online functionality when driving.

You only need to renew the SIM after 1 year if you like having the info on the app when the car is parked which was interesting for about 2 minutes and then I never looked at it again.

I am now using Android Auto which is spot on and everything is working nicely.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I used it initially to check mpg and other data. Now hardly check it. Sometimes, when I want to know how many miles to next service, without checking it in the car. It told me my car is unlocked number of times, when it wasn't. Last state it was connected to internet, wasn't the last state of the car. Right now, it's showing my boot is open and car is unlocked and it's been like these for couple of days. I moved stuff between the cars and opened and closed the boot number of times, but car didn't update its status, because it wasn't started. It's even showing that online services were deactivated in the car.

aguy

Jul 6, 2021
The information given in the app is misleading to say politely. There is no way to check if the info is up to date because refresh function apparently reports status even when the car is set to offline mode.
There should be a date stated when last connection occured and by refreshing there should be a notification if the connection was established at all. It is a pity all the way.
I have issues with using the PIN in the car as well, so I would say don't bother unless you need more users attached to the car.

Last edited:

Marck

Formentor 1.4 e-hybrid DSG
Jun 19, 2021
I think is very useful and next year, esim data would be around 150 euro, I believe is worth cost
for instance, today my car was under maintenance, I've been able to check when trunk, hood, doors, windows were opened.. was really fun, when they stopped doing that, I received a call on my mobile, they were going to advise me that my car was ready but... I just answered " I know... coming now " haha

Jul 27, 2021
So I logged onto seat.cubictelecom.com and it appears that you can purchase data for the existing Sim. So if I did this - would it mean that I wouldn't need to use my phone as a hotspot for Alexa to work. Anyone know?

Marck

Jun 19, 2021
Alexa do not works for me with and without hotspot, I believe its a APP issue, not sure is either useful

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
€139 euros / yr is hilariously expensive. It’s such useless superficial information. You can’t even pre-heat or cool the vehicle, only turn on the ventilation to remove a bit of standing hot air.

My Jag XF came with a similar service, free for three years. The only feature I found useful was pre-cooling the cabin on a hot day or heating it in the winter (it actually started the engine).

Perhaps the plug-in Hybrid versions do have proper heat/cool features.

gregh

Jul 18, 2021
€139 euros / yr is hilariously expensive. It’s such useless superficial information. You can’t even pre-heat or cool the vehicle, only turn on the ventilation to remove a bit of standing hot air.

My Jag XF came with a similar service, free for three years. The only feature I found useful was pre-cooling the cabin on a hot day or heating it in the winter (it actually started the engine).

Perhaps the plug-in Hybrid versions do have proper heat/cool features.
Fully agree. Tesla's premium connectivity is about the same price, and comes with so much more like

Live Traffic Visualisation
Satellite-View Maps
Video Streaming
Caraoke
Music Streaming (e.g. Spotify)
Internet Browser

No way 139EUR for Alexa and remote stats is worth while

Jul 27, 2021
Looking at the Seat website Connect seems to include all of these:

Remote services ( auto emergency call, breakdown calling)
Online traffic information and real-time updates on road conditions.
Find the nearest parking spaces and petrol stations.
Online route calculation.
Natural voice control to activate navigation, radio and media
Emergency Call automatically calls emergency services if it detects an accident.
The Breakdown Call button contacts our call centre if you need help.
Solve any questions or doubts by pressing the Customer Care button.
Service Scheduling for when you need to schedule a check-up at your dealer
Plus the remote views and alerts via the app.

You get a year 'free' when you buy the car and as I understand it at the end of the year you can extend for £125 (according to the portal). If you don't extend you lose the above? Some of these are really useful.

Alongside Connect you can also purchase one of three data bundles from Cubic Telecom ( 30 days at £9.99 max 5Gb or 90 days at £24.99 max 15Gb or finally 365 days for £98.99 max 60Gb) which would allow apps such as Amazon to work without the need to use your phone as a hotspot, which if like me all your music in on amazon music is useful ( although I'll rip through the data allowance I suspect) plus it stops the faff of having to manually connect my iPhone as a hotspot each time I go to the car.

Anyway just to test the above I've purchased the 30 day option to see if it works at all!

ElBrillante

Nov 8, 2018
Estepona, Spain
www.youtube.com
I've been toying with the dataplan (pure laziness) but for me the hotspot seems to work fine (Android). Been keeping an eye on my data usage and typically it's been about 100MB a day for about 1hr of driving listening to Spotify/Internet Radio

Marck

Jun 19, 2021
What’s the point in an overpriced data plan and using in car Spotify or Alexa, when your phone can stream music to the car so seamlessly?
I agree, also I have unlimited data plan with Vodafone it comes from my company where I work, hey in reality is 2Tb/mo but I dare who can consume that amount in one month

cernbog

Sep 6, 2021
The only real useful thing imo is that you can easily check whether you closed your windows or locked your car once you're inside. But instead of paying 100+ euros for that, I would rather just go down stairs and check it myself

Sep 29, 2021
I initially set mine up so the car would connect to my phone's hot spot automatically when I started it so you don't need the data plan in the car for all the online functionality when driving.

You only need to renew the SIM after 1 year if you like having the info on the app when the car is parked which was interesting for about 2 minutes and then I never looked at it again.

I am now using Android Auto which is spot on and everything is working nicely.
Hi Napmasterflash. Maybe you can clarify a doubt that Seat Italia is not capable of. Can I replace the original Cupra esim? And how much is the monthly data traffic?

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Hi Napmasterflash. Maybe you can clarify a doubt that Seat Italia is not capable of. Can I replace the original Cupra esim? And how much is the monthly data traffic?
Hi, I don't think you can replace it. In the UK the top up amount is based on amount of data rather than monthly usage. I think 30gb was over £100 which is quite pricey!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.