GORDZ's Platinum Grey Mk1 Leon TDI 110 - Finally an Update 6/3/11

You got much else planned for yours? Have you got a reader's ride thread at all?

Well, as much as I really want too... I can't see myself having this car for too long, so want to keep as much of it as OEM as I can, The stuff I have done thus far, are very easily reversed, so not a problem when it comes to it.

I am going to get a Green pannel filter when I get paid next, and then maybe run a CAI. Might Put 10mm spacers on the front, and 15mm on the back, just for a bit more stance.

Anything else, like remaps and coilovers, as much as I want them, I'm best saving my money for my next pride and joy... either Leon FR or S3 or BMW 3-series. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions... lol. When it comes to modding those, you'll get a lot more out of those kind of mods as well.

As soon as I can take the points off my liscence, I'll be able to get something better, so waiting for november really...

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
As soon as I can take the points off my liscence, I'll be able to get something better, so waiting for november really...

Yeah I'm in a similar position, as I wrote a car off in 2006, I have to wait till 2011 before it gets 'taken off' my record, and I can finally say that I've not had a crash within the last 5years!

I'm planning to keep this car as long as I can, but depends how the car copes with my 15k to 20k miles I do a year! Then hopefully by 2011 I'll be able to afford insurance on something with a bit ooomph!

But with any car I have, I never do mods which can't be taken off, or damages the car at all. The only one in my list which I can't take off and then sell or put on a new car would be the remap, so not 100% sure on that, although bringing the car up to 130 - 140bhp is rather tempting!

Yeah I'm in a similar position, as I wrote a car off in 2006, I have to wait till 2011 before it gets 'taken off' my record, and I can finally say that I've not had a crash within the last 5years!

I'm planning to keep this car as long as I can, but depends how the car copes with my 15k to 20k miles I do a year! Then hopefully by 2011 I'll be able to afford insurance on something with a bit ooomph!

But with any car I have, I never do mods which can't be taken off, or damages the car at all. The only one in my list which I can't take off and then sell or put on a new car would be the remap, so not 100% sure on that, although bringing the car up to 130 - 140bhp is rather tempting!

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

An AmD remap sounds awesome by all accounts, but being more or less irreversable puts me off... you can get some with a switch to revert back to original map, I think its Revo or Custom Code that offer that, but it costs more...

I got caught doing 102 in my Fiesta, in the middle of the night, 3am, on and empy dual carriage way, no alcohol, not driving 'dangerously' just fast.... 6 points, a year ban, and I had to retake my test! I know I shouldn't of been doing it... but who was I hurting... and they tried to convict me of, Failing to produce documents, driving with no insurance, no tax, no mot and no license, because I apparently didn't provide my documents when I did, and had a slip saying I had.... idiots... [:@]

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Well, it's not the putting it back to standard, it's just it would be £300+ and it can't be transfered between cars or sold etc. afterwards!

Yeah police can be pain in the arse sometimes! I used to work at this pub, and finished at around 1am. And at christmas time I was stopped aprox. 5 times to be breahtelised because I "smelt of alcohol", well I would do when working 10hours behind a bar! Anyway, what took the piss even more was that 3 of those times it was the same bloody police man, yet he still insisted he had to breathelise me! Idiot!

Although, I've been pulled over a couple of times very late at night on dual carriageways doing about 85mph and police have just checked my tax, insurance etc. and told me to just calm it down a bit, but didn't fine me or anything because it was very late at night and I was doing it safely! Lol, sometimes I wonder if this country has any written laws or if it's just down to pot luck to which policeman you get! lol.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Fabia Rear Wiper, C2 Aerial & Shiny Wax!

Before with standard wiper
Leon3.jpg

Before with standard aerial
DSC00771.jpg

After with fabia rear wiper & stubby c2 aerial
DSC00801.jpg

A huge improvement I think! And now just a few extra pics of how shiney my car is after a good clean & wax. Getting some great reflections of the bodywork now :D

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Pioneer Headunit & CD Changer

Here's a photo of my newly installed Pioneer headunit & CD changer.

I'm especially proud of the care and precise skill I put in to discretely fastening the changer into the boot :rolleyes:

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
nice car, i do love that colour :)

Cheers. I was really tempted to get the Leon in the same red as yours, like my old Ibiza was, as the colour always seems to be bright no matter what the weather is!

But I think this colour looks perfect on the Leon! I don't see that many around in this colour, plus it was closer to me and the red one I looked at was miles away, lol. :rolleyes:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
You need to spray that fascia plate by the looks of it, lol....

Good work on the C2 aerial and the Fabia wiper, good easy mods!!

Hows the radio reception.

Yeah, I know, really need to get that sprayed, lol, but thinking of re-spraying the whole thing as it's faded a bit! Also would mean wouldn't need to colour match!

C2 aerial was £5 from a citroen dealer on ebay, and wiper arm plus blade and plastic fitting, all brand new, was £20 from ebay. So yeah, pretty impressed with those!

Radio reception is non existent at the moment, lol, waiting for signal amplifier & adaptor to arrive, as pioneer headunit has different aerial fitting.

But when I had C2 aerial and old headunit, reception was fine. Same as it was with original aerial, but now it looks cooler :p

Yeah, I know, really need to get that sprayed, lol, but thinking of re-spraying the whole thing as it's faded a bit! Also would mean wouldn't need to colour match!

C2 aerial was £5 from a citroen dealer on ebay, and wiper arm plus blade and plastic fitting, all brand new, was £20 from ebay. So yeah, pretty impressed with those!

Radio reception is non existent at the moment, lol, waiting for signal amplifier & adaptor to arrive, as pioneer headunit has different aerial fitting.

But when I had C2 aerial and old headunit, reception was fine. Same as it was with original aerial, but now it looks cooler :p

Sweet, I have no reception, but I never listen to the radio anyway... so I am not bothered, when my mates wanna listen to the football or what ever, I keep the OEM one in the boot, so I can just swap em over as and when...

Good work on the Estate version of the Fabia wiper... I accidently got the hatch back version, which is fine, but about an inch shorter, so misses a bit more of the screen, ahh well... I won't loose any sleep over it... looks a million times better than the mechano set I had before...

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
lol, mecano set! yeah, it is definitely better! Your wiper doesn't look too much shorter than mine. But I've noticed in the Leon I hardly need to use the rear wiper, as keeps itself clean pretty well!

Wow, what headunit you got now? Suits the car really well with the red display!

How come you get no reception?

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Expensive though! lol. Does look very good at night!

I've not tried mine at night yet, I think the display is white letters though, so should look ok.
I just wanted the cheapest player I could with an AUX input, and that was silver to match the dash! And got it off here from paulrushton for 50 squid, and came with a cd changer too. Sound is very impressive aswell! Googled my headunit and new it cost over £200, so I think it's a pretty good one!

Yeh looks like a nice one, Pioneer make good stuff, so You got a bargain there.

I got the one I did, because it had the best reviews for the iPhone interface, which was good, and had a better built in amp than all the others, the extra few watts it puts out really makes a difference.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Wish I had an iphone, I have one of those new Nokia 5800 music phones, in some ways it's better than an iphone (cost being one of them!!!), but would be nice to be able to control the music from my phone on the actual stereo. But not bothering me too much, just create a playlist, plug it in and off I go!

The Pioneer I have says it has MOSFET amplifier technology or something? lol. I don't care what it's called or how it does it, but the sound is so deep, crisp and clear. Still can't believe how amazing the standard speakers are in the Leon when all I've done is upgrade the headunit!

The Pioneer I have says it has MOSFET amplifier technology or something? lol. I don't care what it's called or how it does it, but the sound is so deep, crisp and clear. Still can't believe how amazing the standard speakers are in the Leon when all I've done is upgrade the headunit!

MOSFET is something to do with sustained power... does the job tho lol.

Yeh being able to control it is pretty handy, especially at full speed etc, never lags or what have you. Charges the phone too, which is useful.

The standard speakers are like you say, pretty awesome. The Leon doors are the brains of the outfit, if you ever get the door cards off, you'll see they are like one sealed unit, and give a great sound platform, and they are componants, so do a great job.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.