GORDZ's Platinum Grey Mk1 Leon TDI 110 - Finally an Update 6/3/11

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Yeah, sealed units makes sense to why bass is so good from those standard speakers.

Was thinking of getting a sub when first got the car, but dont think I'll need to now, especially since my standard speakers sound the same as a mate who's got a big sub in his boot and other audio upgrades!

Yeah, sealed units makes sense to why bass is so good from those standard speakers.

Was thinking of getting a sub when first got the car, but dont think I'll need to now, especially since my standard speakers sound the same as a mate who's got a big sub in his boot and other audio upgrades!

I recently just took my sub out, as I didn't think it was totally necessary, and it was just a massive lump in the boot... might stick it up for sale...

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
That's one thing I've never liked about in car subs, in the long run would cost so much just to lug around the weight of those things everywhere! Plus they take up a lot of boot space!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Genuine Seat Roof Rack

Got my genuine seat leon roof rack today! Used from ebay for about £35, which when considering these are about £130 new, I thought was a bit of a bargain :)
Took it for a test drive with them on and don't get wind noise till about 80mph which is pretty good I reckon, especially since the noise isn't a 'whistling' noise, but just sounds like it's a very very windy day on the roof! lol.

roofrack.jpg

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Sunglasses Holder Installed!

Just received my VW Golf Sunglasses holder today, although it took 2 weeks to arrive (from hong kong!), it's definitely worth it, and looks like it should always have been there. Only cost about £8.99 I think, brand new! Much cheaper than £20+ I've seen them for sale elsewhere!

Very good subtle bargain mod I think :D

PhonePics047.jpg

PhonePics048.jpg

Last edited:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
I've taken pics........ but photobucket is being a pain in the arse again! I think I may change to a different photo uploading thing!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
looking good mate, where did you get that from?

Cheers!

I got it from ebay - CLICK HERE - Don't let it worry you that it's from HongKong, it's a genuine VW part! Which was a nice bonus, as I was expecting that I'd get what I pay for and was going to be an immitation of some kind! But for £8.99 I think it's a great addition to my interior. Looks good, and very handy too.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Just started a new poll! (see above!)

Wondering what your opinion is on debadging. Should I debadge the rear of my Leon or not???

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Thanks for the responses & voting!

I've always thought NO to debadging a car, but badges generally have always annoyed me because 1.) they rip my sponges [:@] 2.) get in the way when polishing.

I thought it was more of a corsa chavvy thing too... but I've noticed recently they don't just debadge, they debadge then stick a 'V8', 'gti' 'turbo' or massive chrome letters saying 'CORSA' or 'GAZ' or whatever. lol. (Gaz seemed like the most appropriate name for someone who owns a corsa!)

Does anyone have any pics of a platinum grey leon with the boot debadge? Seen a few other coloured leons that have been debadged, especially black ones, that look quite good!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
I'm not photoshop expert, so just done this quickly in paint....

Leon-debadge.jpg

Is what debadged would like, but also thinking of putting a sticker at the bottom of windscreen saying "Seat Leon TDI".

What you reckon?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise